Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front suspension in my 05 gto is squeaking bad. Just picked it up today and every time I turn the wheel or hit a bump it squeaks..loud. When I looked at the front shocks their was a red plastic clamp on the shocks, somebody said they might be shipping clamps. Were they supposed to come off? Or are they supposed to be there? If they were supposed to be removed by the dealer and they forgot, how can i get them off myself?

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
sig229 said:
The front suspension in my 05 gto is squeaking bad. Just picked it up today and every time I turn the wheel or hit a bump it squeaks..loud. When I looked at the front shocks their was a red plastic clamp on the shocks, somebody said they might be shipping clamps. Were they supposed to come off? Or are they supposed to be there? If they were supposed to be removed by the dealer and they forgot, how can i get them off myself?
check every thing the dealer just want the sell. a lot of them will not go thru the delevery process.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Let the dealer figure it out. And start a nice relationship with them, so that when you come back you are treated RIGHT! :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GOTPWR said:
Let the dealer figure it out. And start a nice relationship with them, so that when you come back you are treated RIGHT! :cheers
:agree ..... but if you wanted to take them out just jack up the car and pull them out. :cheers

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I am amazed at the crappy dealer network Pontiac has managed to build. It sounds like it's common to find cars being delivered with shipping clamps still in place and rock hard tires.

The first GTO I test drove had overinflated tires and I almost called it quits right there thinking that GM had botched another one.

GM should open Holden franchises and take these cars away from the boobs at Pontiackkkk!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts