Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has read my first message, you'll remember me as the guy with the two week old Goat thats in the shop. If you didnt read it, then Im the guy with the two week old Goat in the shop because I went deer hunting with it. Anyway, GM is telling us that the windshield, windshield seal piece and driver glass isnt being produced for parts right now. They'll let me know when they have some....actually, they said when it shows up, they made it! Additionally, we have had 5 driver doors shipped to us and each and every one beat to death in shipping (insufficient packaging). Does anyone know if these parts are the same as the one on the Holden Monaro and if so, is there somewhere that we might get to talk to a real person and see if we can order them? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sean Beatty 01161-2-8878-7869
Asst Parts Manager
Hunter Holden
603 Victoria Road
Ryde NSW 2112 (this is a suburb of Sydney)
www.hunterholden.com.au
(02) 8878 7878 Main
(02) 8878 7869 Direct
(02) 8878 9519 Fax
[email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Xman, Many Thanks. We will be all over that today. Not 5 minutes after posting this, I got a call from the body shop owner. The door glass showed 6 weeks after order. It came from Austrailia slid in a cardboard box just big enough to fit. Mind you, this wasnt some special thick box with bubble wrap or anything, just a piece of GLASS in a cardboard sleeve that was maybe 1/4" thick.

Jag, I have to say most of the parts have been very quick to deliver. Each and every one including the nut that holds the hood shock to the hood has come direct from Australia and still usually here within the week. However, when we first placed the order for everything, several of the parts never even had a part number or price and that was straight from GM. Their answer was "we dont know. We'll get something for you". Anyway, I have hopefully made it better for everyone now :) Problems are getting fewer and fewer. Where there are still lil problems are minor pieces not available and body panels not making it over the water without damage. The door came in another 1/4" box, no packing material, no wrap. When we stood the box up, you could hear/feel it fall up against the side of the box. 2 out of 5 have had the bottom edge crushed and the other 3 had big dents in the side! My suggestion is to keep 'em inbetween the lines and do the anti deer dance before leaving the garage.

Thanks again Xman!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts