Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need help with a Mach 1

What will it take to race a 2003 Mach 1 with catback, programmer, 4:10 gears, and a 100 shot. I am gonna put a 150 Shot on my 04 GTO, with intake, catback and programmer. Do i have a chance, because he says mach 1's are unstoppable!!!?? :confused

Thanks
Blake

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
04BlkGto said:
What will it take to race a 2003 Mach 1 with catback, programmer, 4:10 gears, and a 100 shot. I am gonna put a 150 Shot on my 04 GTO, with intake, catback and programmer. Do i have a chance, because he says mach 1's are unstoppable!!!?? :confused

Thanks
Blake
I may be wrong on this but I am fairly sure they came from the factory with less than a Cobra had. I think GTODEALER would be happy to show him what unstoppable means. HAHA

You have an advantage over Mustangs. Especially at high speeds, because you have more gear.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
04BlkGto said:

Thanks
Blake
No car is unstoppable. There is always someone out there with a faster one. One of my coworkers was talking a lot of crap about how fast his '04 Mach1 was. To make this a short story, my brother ran a 13.7 in his stock '93 twin turbo RX-7 to his 13.8 at the track. He was so pissed that the following month he spent around $10,000 for a supercharger + install (I believe it was a ProCharger), intercooler and tune. Mustang Magazine claims a 13.1 from a stock Mach1. But coming from a biased Mustang mag, I wouldn't put to much truth to that claim.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I have run a bunch of stock and modded Mach 1's. They are pretty darn hot. Ford rates them at 305hp, but the 99 and 01 Cobra's were rated at 320 and are slower than the Mach 1. Ford really underated the Mach.
I raced one with a cat-back, programmer, intake, DR's and 4.10's. This guy didn't have nitrous though. He ran a 12.5 to my 12.3 with my old Z06. I'm a decent driver, but it was real close to me losing. With a 100 shot he should be into the 11's if he has DR's and can drive.
I also ran a Mach with a tune, intake and a fairly good driver. It ran 13.5. I don't remember the speeds for any of these.
With just a 150 shot of nitrous and DR's there is a guy at Gainesville that ran mid 12's in an auto a4 LS1 GTO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If the Mach is well driven (Assuming it is a stick) and is on the right tire (ET Streets) high 11s to bottom 12s will be his # with just those mods and a little weight reduction

I would be worried if I were in your shoes... Get a nice stall and a good tire and you will be in a better position. But as it stands now my money is on the Mach...

G

·
neither, a 150 shot with a nitrous cam on a nitrous-designed converter! You stand a VERY good chance of being low 11's on a slick (not drag radial)!

And also stand a very good chance of going home on a wrecker and calling up GTODEALER or TByrne for rear-end parts! lol :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well jeez yeah, i do want all that but theres something called....ummm.....oh yeah.. MONEY that prohibits me! haha. What the best Stall for the Yank.. to be daily driven with nitrous and all.??? 3,000???

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
dealernut said:
I may be wrong on this but I am fairly sure they came from the factory with less than a Cobra had. I think GTODEALER would be happy to show him what unstoppable means. HAHA

You have an advantage over Mustangs. Especially at high speeds, because you have more gear.
Yep... I raced a Mach with nitrous (don't know how much), exhaust, gears, and dr's and I pulled him on motor. Don't know exactly how much I would have pulled him 'cause he shut down as soon as I started to leave him..... Needless to say he stopped talking chit when we got back to the parking lot. :D

G

·
Seems like every board gives the mustang guys a lot of crap. Truth be told, their motors are ACRES stronger than anything GM puts out. Ever seen a 7 second stock block GM product? (dont EVEN bring up the 3.8l V6, that motor is sent from god)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YEah there engines are remarkable, i can just hope to be able to beat a v6 one day....... :confused
haha

Thanks Mike
Blake

P.S. GTODEALER doesn;t count because with motor you have more than my gto spraying a 1,000 shot.... :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
hey, GTODEALER has more than a F-14 tomcat on afterburners! lol He is jus playin with yall.........
..... I do know loss... I ran a guy (good friend of mine) with a F-Body, the night before he ran a 6.86 in the 1/8th (roughly 10.7-10.8 1/4) he beat me by a car and a quarter to the 1320 mark (on a deserted street...). What absolutely killed me is he cuts 1.4 60ft's and he got me off the line and I hung from there.

G

·
you shouldnt have said that! If a 10.8 car beat you by a car length, that puts you in the 11.0-11.1 range, nwo we all know how fast you are!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
you shouldnt have said that! If a 10.8 car beat you by a car length, that puts you in the 11.0-11.1 range, nwo we all know how fast you are!
.... fun fact: I was all motor and he was spraying a 175 shot.... now you know how fast I am. :cheers
P.S. For all the kiddies out there- after Project Samurai is done, the Fatbitch gets a forged bottom end and BIG shot.... around 300 or so! I'm shooting for low 10's, which shouldn't be a problem!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.