Pontiac GTO Forum banner

What Rear Bumper Fascia Insert to Use

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to have rear bumper fascia replaced by dealership due to flaw in paint. Do I buy the exact red reflective vinyl decal inserts for rear fascia? Or should I buy the stainless steel inserts instead. Below is a video showing my inserts now and a website which shows the stainless steel inserts. I'm making it a pole question. Please help!

Stainless Steel:

05-08 Pontiac GTO Stainless Steel Inserts [SS-GTO-I] - $74.95 : SS Inserts, Mustang Accessories Corvette and Stainless Steel Inserts

Reflective Vinyl:

YouTube - Beast of the South East II

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Brainer... SS is the correct choice. Why pick plastic over stainless steel? :cheers
Yours looks nice, you'll have to tell me where you got them from. I did search and only found one company so far. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
They are both very nice but I like the Red. It ties in your GTO and stands out without being gaudy.
Your other option is to leave it as is-quiet understatment is nice. Our Torrid Red speaks loudly as is.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i Have the stainless inserts, i think think there great gives it a classy look, not to flashy,
i think there worth the 75$, really easy to put on.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered the vinyl yesterday just as a safety net because the website said give atleast two weeks by PFYC.COM. They told me my bumper valance would take two weeks to come in. Well, the vinyl came in today from reflectiveConcepts.com which I didnt know is a official licensed product of GM. I am gonna check their website they are suppose to have new vinyl 3-D called reflecive dome. Probally cheaper on their direct website. Thanks for all the inquiries, I am still deciding what to do. Have not made a final decision yet. WIfe says she likes the red.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have YELLOW inserts on my car. It is a Yellow Jacket and it blends in nicely, but I have to admit the S.S inserts looks really hot. :D

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all, yes, I thought the red tied into the paint as well. When I told wife I had to redo the vinyl, she thought it came factory that way. ooops! musta have forgot to tell her that minor mod. Yes, I did go back with the reflective red vinyl. I also bought some back up vinyl for the front grill, rear insert, and engine bay ones that I had done in past. Always good to have spares on hand! Again, thanks all. The SS inserts do look very nice, but maybe not as much on the Torrid red. They should make them in the brushed look to match the actual emblems on the trunk deck lid. I probally just gave someone an idea that will make them millions of dollars.:lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know what color matches 'Spice Red' because I did not see it listed on the site - reflectiveConcepts.com. If there isn't an exact match, which matches the best? Light Red or Burgundy???

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know what color matches 'Spice Red' because I did not see it listed on the site - reflectiveConcepts.com. If there isn't an exact match, which matches the best? Light Red or Burgundy???
I believe it would be reflective burgandy. Here is the pfyc.com link that shows the colors well. But, still purchase from reflective concepts.

Reflective GTO Rear Decal - 05 GTO - PFYC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts