Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a little help and was looking for a ball park figure on what I should/could sell my GTO for. I've decided the restoration is to extensive for my capabilities and wallet and caN't stand to watch it rot any more. I have a 1965. PHS says it came from factory with a 389 tripower, ac, auto. Still have the original 389 block and manifold (no carbs). tranny is from a 66 as best i can tell. motor is not installed but was rebuilt some time ago.

most of the GTO interior is present but its missing the dash cluster. I have the seats but they are in very rough shape. No carpet. missing a few trim pieces from around the window.

car has extensive rust. will probably need all 4 quarters patched if not replaced, floor boards are shot as is the trunk pan. dash has rust under the steering wheel and will require extensive repair. all glass is present and not broken.

If you need more info just ask, but I just need a starting point. I inherited the car from my dad who passed away 2 years ago, I just can't do the restore and would rather look for another gto that fits my capabilities.

·
Registered
475 Posts
need a little help and was looking for a ball park figure on what I should/could sell my GTO for. I've decided the restoration is to extensive for my capabilities and wallet and caN't stand to watch it rot any more. I have a 1965. PHS says it came from factory with a 389 tripower, ac, auto. Still have the original 389 block and manifold (no carbs). tranny is from a 66 as best i can tell. motor is not installed but was rebuilt some time ago.

most of the GTO interior is present but its missing the dash cluster. I have the seats but they are in very rough shape. No carpet. missing a few trim pieces from around the window.

car has extensive rust. will probably need all 4 quarters patched if not replaced, floor boards are shot as is the trunk pan. dash has rust under the steering wheel and will require extensive repair. all glass is present and not broken.

If you need more info just ask, but I just need a starting point. I inherited the car from my dad who passed away 2 years ago, I just can't do the restore and would rather look for another gto that fits my capabilities.
pictures would be nice but it sounds like a parts car. 2000 range.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I agree. It would cost several times more than it would be worth to restore it. Parts at best. The tinted soft ray galss is worth something, as is the stainless, the engine and any other usable parts. You could probably get more $$ parting it out and selling the parts individually.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
pictures would be nice but it sounds like a parts car. 2000 range.
Unless you're TMP, he lives for cars like that. In all seriousness, I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and suggest you part it out. The only chance you would stand making money restoring it is, if you did all the work yourself. However, it sounds like that option is off the table.....

·
Registered
13 Posts

I would say sell instead of parting it out.. A car like that deserves to be restored by someone with time and cash... Rather than butched up... That car should be back on the road some day..

A good worth for a big project like that could be in the 2K range... Needing that much body work...

How is the frame??

Just my opinion

Eric

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would say sell instead of parting it out.. A car like that deserves to be restored by someone with time and cash... Rather than butched up... That car should be back on the road some day..

A good worth for a big project like that could be in the 2K range... Needing that much body work...

How is the frame??

Just my opinion

Eric
I immediately thought of TMP... sometimes a car that most logical people would deem too far gone might end up being someone's pride and joy. I'm for selling it whole, especially because of the matching numbers block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts