Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a quality set of shop ramps and a good floorjack? Want to start modding the Goat and need some tools and peripherals. Thanks in advance for the help, Brian :cheers

·
Registered
364 Posts
I use Rhino Ramps I bought at Walmart. I bought four of them so I could pop the car up and down for things like engine oil changes, tranny and diff fluid changes, etc. I like the extra support over jack stands when I am really under the car.

As for the jack, I have two Harbor Freight low profile aluminum racing jacks. Cost something like $129 or so. But... one is good the other gives me fits. You get what you pay for sometimes. After getting my jacks, I saw that Sears sells a nice aluminum racing jack for about $179. Looks to be higher quality than what I have. When I get settled at my new place in the Puget Sound later this year, I'll probably pick one up. :cheers

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subdriver said:
I use Rhino Ramps I bought at Walmart. I bought four of them so I could pop the car up and down for things like engine oil changes, tranny and diff fluid changes, etc. I like the extra support over jack stands when I am really under the car.

As for the jack, I have two Harbor Freight low profile aluminum racing jacks. Cost something like $129 or so. But... one is good the other gives me fits. You get what you pay for sometimes. After getting my jacks, I saw that Sears sells a nice aluminum racing jack for about $179. Looks to be higher quality than what I have. When I get settled at my new place in the Puget Sound later this year, I'll probably pick one up. :cheers
Thanks for the tip. Ah yes, Puget Sound. I was stationed in Everett for 3 and a half years for my last sea tour. In Great Lakes now...oh joy!!! Trying to get back that way...chances are slim. It's the Navy's best kept secret. Thanks again and FWAFS... :cheers

·
Registered
364 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
Thanks for the tip. Ah yes, Puget Sound. I was stationed in Everett for 3 and a half years for my last sea tour. In Great Lakes now...oh joy!!! Trying to get back that way...chances are slim. It's the Navy's best kept secret. Thanks again and FWAFS... :cheers
You're welcome and thanks. :cheers

Everett is very nice, but as a sub guy, never been stationed there. I'll be at Bangor, across the peninsula from Bremerton. Nice quiet little area. And... there are about 4 tracks within a few hours striking distance so I'm hoping to be able to continue to dabble in SCCA racing. :cool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts