Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on putting a cold air intake on my 05 and I was wondering what would be the best way to go about this. One guy I work with told me that it would cost about $60. Another told me it's around $200-250 for the kind that admits the cold air into the compartment and about $450-500 for the kind that "forces" the air via fan into the engine. I'm looking at the more expensive one because I want to do it right.

Is this information mostly correct? Where can I get what I'm looking for? Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
sixpackrt said:
I am planning on putting a cold air intake on my 05 and I was wondering what would be the best way to go about this. One guy I work with told me that it would cost about $60. Another told me it's around $200-250 for the kind that admits the cold air into the compartment and about $450-500 for the kind that "forces" the air via fan into the engine. I'm looking at the more expensive one because I want to do it right.

Is this information mostly correct? Where can I get what I'm looking for? Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
.....forces air via a fan???????, never heard of that. Your average cai for these cars are around $200.00 - $300.00, if anyone tries to sell you one for more don't buy it!!!!!!!! :cheers

·
Registered
937 Posts
Someone needs to make a true CAI for the hood scoops. Its the only way I can see it truly being a COLD air intake. These others are only going to end up being hot air intakes, either that or someone is going to have to saw a hole in the wheel well or something.

·
Registered
937 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Call Jeff Meyers at LPE (Lingenfelter Performance) for their unit, it's $240 (260) 724-2552 x 1004 http://www.lingenfelter.com/store/ln4229.html
Now thats what I am talking about! See that seal on top so the air is drawn through that inlet grille? Now they are on the right track. Now if they could only design a CAI like the Dual runner intake for the stock TB where it fits underneath the hood scoops that would be perfect.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the Lingenfelter for the 05 works as well as it does on my 04, I would strongly recommend it! Lingenfelter is a classy organization to work with, besides from my personal experience and they build very high quality components. I just bought my BMR front strut brace from them because they are such good folks. Jeff is top drawer!

·
Registered
97 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Call Jeff Meyers at LPE (Lingenfelter Performance) for their unit, it's $240 (260) 724-2552 x 1004 http://www.lingenfelter.com/store/ln4229.html
Lingenfelter gives you a tested 12rwhp but the New Era gives you a dyno'd 17rwhp and does an '04 and '05 version. Nothing more on rwhp unless you get a functional ram air which nobody does yet unfortunately. I am waiting for a while just in case someone does. If by after the summer nobody has manufactured one, I will be going with the new era on my '04.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The LPE 04 puts the temp pickup into the base of the air filter in the partitioned off area. This relocation away from the heat of the engine/radiator allows the timing to be a bit more advanced if memory serves me correctly. This was also a tuning a trick on the C5 Vettes that gave a bit of HP boost (had a 2000 C5).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.