Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today I was involved in an accident in my 2006 Black M6 GTO. It was a small fender bender. I barely hit the back of a chevy pickup which had a hitch. It cracked my bumper, and I will need a new bumper for sure. Went to the place where I bought my goat at and they did a quick estimate for me, and it came out to be almost $1500!!:willy:

I couldnt frickin believe it. The guy who did the estimate for me said that these bumpers ordered brand new is going to cost around $800. And he said he was unable to find any used GTO bumpers out there.

I need some advice here. Do you guys know of anywhere that I could find a used or at least not as expensive front bumper? It doesnt have to be the same color, cause im going to obviously get it repainted.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. This is a ****ty way to start off a weekend.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Hey guys, today I was involved in an accident in my 2006 Black M6 GTO. It was a small fender bender. I barely hit the back of a chevy pickup which had a hitch. It cracked my bumper, and I will need a new bumper for sure. Went to the place where I bought my goat at and they did a quick estimate for me, and it came out to be almost $1500!!:willy:

I couldnt frickin believe it. The guy who did the estimate for me said that these bumpers ordered brand new is going to cost around $800. And he said he was unable to find any used GTO bumpers out there.

I need some advice here. Do you guys know of anywhere that I could find a used or at least not as expensive front bumper? It doesnt have to be the same color, cause im going to obviously get it repainted.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. This is a ****ty way to start off a weekend.
I am assuming the bumper is the SAP bumper? I dread anything happening to mine. They are unavailable new from the dealer, if you find one new or used you are at the mercy of scalpers.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just take the bumper in to a bumper rebuild shop. They will correctly repair the plastic cover and the re-bar (if needed) to look like new, and the cost is cheap. I've sent our bumper rebuilder shredded and damaged bumper covers that I thought could never be repaired, and they come back looking like new. I think we're paying around $200 for complete rebuilds of torn and damaged bumpers. Every large metro area has bumper rebuild shops that cater to the autobody buninesses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts