Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefinedundefinedundefined
I am looking at a 1970 coupe that I need some help with in determining value. I have never owned a GTO but have always wanted one and this one may fill the need. It is a factory air car with the shifter on the column and according to the owner (2 owner car) it had a vinyl roof when new. It was restored about 9 years back and has 190,000 miles. All numbers match and both engine and tranny were rebuilt about 5000 miles back. I don't know that I've seen a GTO with a vinyl roof....was this indeed an option? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
To find the value of the 70 Goat go to Collector Car Trader
You can check the paint code on the data plate to see if a vinly top was an option. Here is the good source regarding the 70 GTO numbers from GTO alley. Here is more information from Ultimate GTO.

Make sure the VIN number starts with 242. I am not sure about the column shifter on a 70 GTO. Here is a good source from Muscle Car News where they used a 70 GTO as their demo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.