Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone who has a center console car do me a favor?

I need to know where the very back lower edge of the console is relative to the center of the seat belt bolt on the floor tunnel. Is it directly above it? An inch to the rear of it? 1.5 inch to the rear? 1 inch forward the bolt?

Im getting ready to weld my center console brackets back to my floor pan. I have the bracket mounted to the console and setting on the tunnel I just need to know where to make its finally resting place so I can mark where the bracket will need to be welded.

Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Car and I are separated by about 900 miles ( visiting daughter and her family) and won't be back for a week, but Orbit, wouldn't the console locate in reference to where the four speed pokes thru? That is if you have a manual trans! Mine is a 65, and if no answer when I get back, I will measure.

rich :cheers

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer inj. I guess I totally forgot to mention mine is a 1970 automatic. Which is completely differant than yours.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My car is a 69 auto, it is apart right now, so I don't have the seats on console in. On the rear bracket there are two slots for mounting screws, these are exactly 16 inches from the front of the hump where the rear seat mounts, and the center where it welds to the driveshaft tunnel is 14 1/2 inches from the same spot. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Orbit, Can't help with measurements, but, isn't the console shaped to fit the floor pan? It might only sit properly in a certain spot. E

1 - 7 of 7 Posts