Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Domestic Driver Magazine has changed to a bi-monthly E-ZINE and we are working on putting together our Jan/Feb issue. We are looking for all types of submissions as long as its a Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, or GM Car from 1980+. Please check out our SUBMIT PAGE of our web site for more information. We are in need of submissions this week so please email us and let us know you plan to submit or just make a complete submission ASAP!

We really look forward to including GTO's into the magazine!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks for the invitation. This might be fun to do, although I'm not going to have the opportunity to submit anything in time for your January issue.

I'm not familiar with Domestic Driver. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears your periodical is geared mostly toward the tuner crowd, right? I do enjoy writing--and writing about cars, when given the opportunity--but when it comes to my own ride, I'm a strictly stock kinda guy. Not sure your readership would be interested in that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has been the case in the past but for 2006 we plan to include all Domestic Cars. We figure now that the magazine is an E-ZINE instead of print we can afford to have more pages overall and more content. Enough content to please everyone and hopefully anyone that subscribes can find something they are interested in.

You won't be finding any Honda Civic's in this magazine ever so you won't have to worry about that.

GM Kid said:
Thanks for the invitation. This might be fun to do, although I'm not going to have the opportunity to submit anything in time for your January issue.

I'm not familiar with Domestic Driver. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears your periodical is geared mostly toward the tuner crowd, right? I do enjoy writing--and writing about cars, when given the opportunity--but when it comes to my own ride, I'm a strictly stock kinda guy. Not sure your readership would be interested in that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Groucho said:
Thanks for the offe...but I'd submit that these cars are more of an import (far lower North / South American content) than most domestically sold Nissans, Toyotas, or Hondas...
I'm not sure that I understand. Are you saying that a GTO is more of an import then american made Honda's? We understand that nothing is truely domestic but have gone with this: A bi-monthly E-ZINE featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ So if a car fits then we will put it in the magazine. Unless it has foriegn license plate or something like that.

Also your signature is almost 1MB and seems to slow down my computer for some reason. Anyone else have this problem? I have a Semptron 2800+ so it's not like my computer is slow.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Domesticdriver.com said:
Also your signature is almost 1MB and seems to slow down my computer for some reason. Anyone else have this problem? I have a Semptron 2800+ so it's not like my computer is slow.
Not having the prob.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Groucho said:
How much do you pay?
We don't pay. It's an E-ZINE and don't make enough to pay for submissions. Also becuase people are usually willing to send a submission for free since they get their car in the magazine! Plus it looks good for those who have sponsors or want sponsors. It's usually a win win situation for everyone involved!

By the way your car looks great!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm just starting a twin turbo install on my 05 today. I also have a 402 turbo motor going in soon along with upgraded trans/converter, rear suspension pieces, etc. I'll fill you in when I have something to show. I'll be keeping it updated on my site below.

Jody

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone who makes a submission by the end of this weekend still has a chance to be in the Mar/Apr issue. We are particularly looking for Photoshop’s, Event Coverage, Tech or How To Articles and of course Readers Rides and Featured Rides as well!

Again check out our SUBMIT page for all the specifics of what is needed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.