Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just bought a new 06 GTO black with red. A friend of mine told me to look into CAI for the goat. Any suggestions for a good CAI for under $500? He recommended K&N, do any of you use a K&N.
Need some advice, thanks.

PS: I registered on here yesterday and talked about my front stabilizer link going out. I heard back from the dealer today, I should have the goat back for the weekend, praise the lord. I havent even had it for two weeks, and that damn link goes out, crappy break, huh?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CAI intake

Thanks for the link RidgeGoat, but nobody has mentioned the K&N CAI though. i was just curious if anyone has purchased it yet and had any comments about it. As far as my car goes though, its an '06 Black, six speed manual, and i love it. The red interior to me is just pimp. Im gettn the windows tinted next week, then I want to get a CAI installed. After that Im hoping to find some nice 18" chrome wheels, nothing more better looking or more sharp than shiny black paint with chrome. After that, just keep paying the car off. Im not for sure what other upgrades that I want to make.

Yeah this website is awesome though, Ive learned alot of info from here, and have gotten some good advice. My dad still has his original 1969 GTO, red with white vinyl top, like father like son.

God bless the goat!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just purchased a K&N CAI through Advance for 325.00. partsamerica was the cheapest I saw online 275.00 i think. I was just impatient and wanted it next day. As for performance and sound, I love it. gives a more throaty sound especially in high range. Installation wasnt that tough, two hours and Im no mechanic. Hardest part of Installation was placing rubber seal around heat shield. Seat of the pants difference and doesnt seem to heat soak as bad. So Welcome and Good Luck!:cheers

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
welcome. now get ready for the expressions of shwoosy sounds, seat of the pants driving impressions and dyno numbers. if you want it cute and easy get a K&N or LPE which is slightly better but learn now there is no "C" in the Cold Air Intakes. if you want the best performance (from cold air) you're going to have to build it yourself.

·
Registered
738 Posts
svede1212 said:
but learn now there is no "C" in the Cold Air Intakes. if you want the best performance (from cold air) you're going to have to build it yourself.

So true it is better to build one youre self it realy misleading it SHOULD BE warm air intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.