Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 GTO Convertible
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I need to order stuff for my '68 GTO Convertible, but I have no idea what this is called in English:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

The protection here for the sheet metal fold - I thought every body shop has this on stock, but that is obviously wrong. How is this called?

Same car, other side - is this the same spare part?
Motor vehicle Vehicle door Grey Fixture Wood

I was trying to ask this to a vendor...but...no reply :-(

TIA!

·
Registered
68 GTO Convertible
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The first one is then probably the 'Headliner side windlace' A343Y, the latter seems to be the 'Door jamb windlace' A147K.

And one more: These protections for the door look somewhat original - does anyone know where these are available?

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Fender

Thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi DT-Fan,

Your first picture shows the left / drivers-side kick panel. The plastic housing extension should cover the metal edge and run up to meet with the A-arm pillar cover. Here’s a picture of the complete kick panel.
Luggage and bags Bag Automotive design Tints and shades Eyewear

As goat671 stated, the rear trim is called the wind lace. Here is a picture of original 68 convertible wind lace.
Wood Body jewelry Jewellery Collar Bag

You will not have headliner wind lace for your / a convertible.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi DT-Fan,

With regard to the door edge guards, to my knowledge they are not reproduced. NOS edge guards come up on eBay every so often but they are not cheap.

·
Registered
68 GTO Convertible
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you @GTOTIGR - so it looks the kick side panel is broken :-(

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
correct the drivers kick panel top is broken ...
too bad they didnt fill the bullet hole in the jamb there b4 paint...

good pics TIGR !!

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Although they look similar not all kick panels are the same for the different Buick, Olds, Chevy, Pontiac A body cars

There are different versions of the kick panel.
68, 69-72 four door sedans; single vent pull knob
69-72 hardtops; two vent pull knobs. This is what the various vendors are selling for 68
68-72 A/C; no vent pull knobs
The Buick and Olds versions may have carpeting applied

If you want like factory then find a used one on Ebay and paint it. Shipping costs are very high since this is a large item.
If you want something just to cover the edge, look at a home improvement or hardware store for an edge binding or something similar to use in addition to your original kick panels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts