Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was trying to get some wheels for her 04 impulse blue A4. She wants to stay with 17's, eventually putting 1 inch lowering springs on the car. Both places she went to had catalogues that showed different bolt paterns than are actually on the car. When they checked the wheels on the car they told her it was a BMW bolt pattern on the GTO and that really limited the availability of the wheels. You could go to the old GM bolt pattern, the same pattern as the old GTO's and it would fit, but it would be actually 3 mm's off. Can someone give me the correct wheel spec's for the goat and recommend a wheel that will fit correctly. My wife is looking to spend $1000-$1200 on the wheels. Dipping her stock wheels is not an option as they will become my spare set for the race track. :confused

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Not a lot available in a 5x120 bolt pattern unless you get them made for you. Makes you wonder where all of these wheels that are showing up on the last of the 04's are coming from and are they really 5x120 or 5x4 3/4 that will fit, but isn't the correct fit.

·
Registered
386 Posts
roadracer said:
Thanks for the info. Not a lot available in a 5x120 bolt pattern unless you get them made for you. Makes you wonder where all of these wheels that are showing up on the last of the 04's are coming from and are they really 5x120 or 5x4 3/4 that will fit, but isn't the correct fit.
There are more rims out there than you think. But keep in mind width and offset are a major part of fitment as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help. It has been crazy looking for wheels. The Pontiac spec book says the wheels are 5x115, but if you put the wheel guage in the stock wheels you come up with 5x120. I'll do some looking around next week. Getting ready for the ice storm thats about to start here. Hopefully the power will stay on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I to have been looking into wheels for my goat. I learned a lot from that thread Taylor, thanks. I got the fact that bmw wheels work and all but the hub size are slightly off. Now I'm trying to figure out if the bmw hubs very in size, if so which models match the GTO best, and the one thing I dont see people talking about is the weight of the wheels. The wheels I love weigh 27lbs each compared to the ones I like that weigh 17lbs each. Still dont know the stock wheel weight. I'm looking into this and will share what I find. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
BILLYGOAT said:
I to have been looking into wheels for my goat. I learned a lot from that thread Taylor, thanks. I got the fact that bmw wheels work and all but the hub size are slightly off. Now I'm trying to figure out if the bmw hubs very in size, if so which models match the GTO best, and the one thing I dont see people talking about is the weight of the wheels. The wheels I love weigh 27lbs each compared to the ones I like that weigh 17lbs each. Still dont know the stock wheel weight. I'm looking into this and will share what I find. :)
twolf says the stock wheels weigh 26lbs each.
http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=1310&page=2&pp=10

·
Registered
167 Posts
Randy, Now that you've had your 05 for awhile ,how about a report on it? I'm guessing you have been doing alot of driving due to your location. Is it all you expected and more? I'm loving the Red but I already have 2 in the family, my GTP and my wifes Baretta.

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.