Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
My car was painted white before I restored it back to it's original blue charcoal, it wasn't the worse color. In fact, it hardly showed the dirt at all.
That and it will hide body/paint flaws..... Still doesn't do much for me.....

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I know some guys that take stuff and it looks like to them the walls move. :willy:
I know, props to the camera man if he is doing that manually, really smooth, he must of done that before.. Or they have a track in the floor.

That and it will hide body/paint flaws..... Still doesn't do much for me.....
Me either, but my Vette is Silver, and I love it, it can be covered with Pollen and not show it at all. Black is money with paint jobs, everything shows. That 70 has a really nice gloss to it, nice car.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I've been thinking about my search for a lemans/gto, and one nice thing about painting the outside of the car white is it doens't matter what color the interior is, it will look good. I don't have to restrict myself to either finding a car with a black interior or replacing EVERYTHING to make it black.

If I find a car with a black interior, I'm still leaning toward orbit orange, but if it's blue, red, gold, brown, tan or green, I think white will still work great.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw a really nice white 70 GTO in Panama city, they wanted $32K for the car. But, being white with no stripes the car was boring looking, it had a red interior, it had to be the stock combo. The car didn't pop at all.
red interior wouldn't be my first choice either, and I agree that 69 judge stripe add a LOT to the look of the car

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love this pic... even though there seems to be an alignment issue with the doors and fender

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Beautiful car, but it's clearcoated. Much too shiny to look original, IMO. White never did much for me, either....I do like the More ivory like Wimbleton White on early '60's Fords, though. Heck, anything is better than gold or brown!! Again, NICE car!!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've seen lacquer look that good... nothing, including BC/CC, looks as good as a great lacquer job.

that being said, yeah, it probably is BC/CC

·
Registered
220 Posts
I know, props to the camera man if he is doing that manually, really smooth, he must of done that before.. Or they have a track in the floor.
It most likely was a camera rig that rolled on wheels on a smooth floor. Also the camerawork done inside the car was probably done with a "steadycam." You just cannot film that smoothly, I don't care how steady your hands are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts