Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the day off Tuesday to celebrate my wife's birthday. We're cruising down the road in traffic and a guy in a pick-up truck on the passenger side motions us to roll down the window.

He starts talking to us and saying how he's chipped his truck (350 hp, 465 lb-ft or some-such) and even chipped he can't keep up with us (caught us at a stop light) and how he's got a buddy with a GTO and how fast, and on and on.

And I'm noticing more and more how other car nuts take notice. Another time we were at a local ice-cream joint where both ricers and hot-rodders hang out. I was picking up Chinese right next door and the ricer kids were really going over the car as we came outside...

I've been tuning and hot-roding Swedish Meatballs (Saab turbos) for years and have NEVER gotten reactions like this! Very cool!

Jim Miller

·
Registered
455 Posts
raven1124 said:
Or when somebody asks you if 6.0 means 6 liter. I love those:D
Hehe, I got one much like that once. I rarely get a reaction on my Goat, but once in a parking lot, a guy was asking me "Does that really have a 6 liter engine?" as if he's never heard of such things.

Back to the original topic, I kind of see Goat recognition as a way to identify who is a car lover and who is not. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since 04....
" How in the hell you get all that motor in there?"
" Is this front wheel drive?"
" Did you have to buy a kit to move the steering wheel to the left side?"
" Is this a six cylinder?" " I see the pipes coming out of the same side"
" My brother in law knows cars and told me these things come from the factory at 200 RWHP"
" Is that Kangaroo leather?"

·
Registered
585 Posts
:party: Oh, the car shows are going to be a hoot! This summer, my big yellow jacket will be making some shows. In august, i have lined up with a friend who has a mustang, we are going to do some joint presentations. He won't race me because he knows this big bananna will shut him down.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Pretty rare here in FL........I get people coming up to me all the time asking questions. Even the dealership guys stop working and come over........never had this much attention paid to a car.

JET

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's odd how the magazines were bashing the goat for it's "homely" looks. I've gotten a ton of comments on how great the car looks. I get a couple thumbs-up and a few middle-fingers-up since I've cut off the mufflers! Nothin' will wake up a driver on a cell phone quicker.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was waiting for my girlfriend to get off of work and I had to run across the street to use the bathroom (at the time I didn't think Eckerds would have a bathroom). When I came back across the street my girlfriends boss was outside staring through the front window of the GTO- I just stood there and watched him for like 2 minutes it was great.

I had a 1999 Saab 95 myself....I love those cars...especially the cupholders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.