Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Had my new '04 Impulse Blue 6spd for 3 days - finally quit driving it long enough to find this site ;) My, my, my, now I may not be the brightest car guy out there, but anyone who appreciates tight, good handling cars with, uh, balls has got to love this car!!! As a newbie here I'll be brief about how I came to buy this car. The wife & I had a white '00 TA 6spd convertible which we enjoyed immensely, wagon axle rearend and all. We went looking for another flop-top, but couldn't find a reasonably priced replacement with a real engine for less than $40k+ that we liked. Wife said sunroof would be enough (heh heh) so we dropped into the local Pontiac dealer & there sat their last '04 GTO (auto) in bright red. One drive & I was very interested in trying a 6spd. Dealer found one for me to drive & within 300 yds I was hooked!

No dummy me though - I made myself drive a number of other cars including the very nice G35 (too much extra & where's the *real* torque? :) ) GTO wins hands down over anything in its price range (and well beyond in in many cases) that I came across. Anyone else find a real competitor for this car (and please don't say the '05 Mustang GT as I drove one - lunkin' live axle and all)?

Next stop is the sunroof shop! ;)

By the way - nice looking forum here!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrads on you new car!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Trace said:
Hi all,

Had my new '04 Impulse Blue 6spd for 3 days - finally quit driving it long enough to find this site ;) My, my, my, now I may not be the brightest car guy out there, but anyone who appreciates tight, good handling cars with, uh, balls has got to love this car!!! As a newbie here I'll be brief about how I came to buy this car. The wife & I had a white '00 TA 6spd convertible which we enjoyed immensely, wagon axle rearend and all. We went looking for another flop-top, but couldn't find a reasonably priced replacement with a real engine for less than $40k+ that we liked. Wife said sunroof would be enough (heh heh) so we dropped into the local Pontiac dealer & there sat their last '04 GTO (auto) in bright red. One drive & I was very interested in trying a 6spd. Dealer found one for me to drive & within 300 yds I was hooked!

No dummy me though - I made myself drive a number of other cars including the very nice G35 (too much extra & where's the *real* torque? :) ) GTO wins hands down over anything in its price range (and well beyond in in many cases) that I came across. Anyone else find a real competitor for this car (and please don't say the '05 Mustang GT as I drove one - lunkin' live axle and all)?

Next stop is the sunroof shop! ;)

By the way - nice looking forum here!!
Congrats on the purchase, but i wouldn't consider a sunroof, especially aftermarket, if you've not had one before they leak.....a lot! Not only that but the goat has cross bars in the roof of the car, make sure that they don't cut into those when cutting the hole if you decide to go through with it.....this is just cautionary advice

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lambertgoat said:
Congrats on the purchase, but i wouldn't consider a sunroof, especially aftermarket, if you've not had one before they leak.....a lot! Not only that but the goat has cross bars in the roof of the car, make sure that they don't cut into those when cutting the hole if you decide to go through with it.....this is just cautionary advice
Hmmm... thanks for the info, lambertgoat. I've seen pictures of an installation on the Webasto site & posts of pictures from an '04 owner on another site & he seemed quite happy. I'll admit I've never had one installed, but I have talked to an installer & researched it a bit now - seems to be an area of specialty where your satisfaction is very much dependent on the expertise of the installer. Here's my car with a Hollandia 710 power inbuilt - same as the poster on the other site had had installed in his. I had a '92 Subaru SVX with a power sunroof that never leaked & an '85 Maxima that also had a powered unit with no problems. http://www.webastoshowroom.com/pontiac_gto_710.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts