Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealer tonight. Bought a Impulse blue with the blue leather. Just wanted to check what you guys thought of the price. We wound up paying 32K for the car. I know that they were not moving on the price that much, so I thought that it was a pretty good price. We get to pick the car up hopefully by Friday.

Look foreward to talking to you guys on the forum.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Congrats. I just bought my 05 Saturday. It's a 6 speed Torrid red with charcoal interior. I paid 33690. They gave me a GMPP worth 1575 and there is the 1000 rebate. Netted out at 32k before rebates. I'm in Orlando and there is not very many around here. Guys in the Northeast are talking about below invoice deals, but here they are still adding 1000 to 3000 to the sticker.

Long story short I paid 32k so your 32k sounds real good to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you can get the dealer away from sticker price you are doing good. I've seen them for a little under $30,000 (with discounts) but only from one place in Illinois, and he was a small dealer with only one GTO on the lot. I don't know about the other states. With train wreaks and a limited supply I think you got a good price for a great car.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
There were amazing deals on '04s last December. $8K off of sticker plus GMAC money.

Right now, only two dealers are advertising them at all. A San Jose dealer has a GTO on special for $8K under sticker -- but they don't say whether it's an '04 or '05. They do have a bunch of them, though.

Another in Menlo Park has a Pulse Red '04 for under $24K with discounts factored in.

The problem in California is everybody out here would rather lease a $33K 186hp BMW 6 banger than a 400 hp GTO. Then again, everybody out here does insane things like buy huge houses with zero down, interest only, variable percentage rate mortgages -- stuff the garages with leased BMWs and Mercedes funded with home equity loans -- and have nothing in the house expect drapes (so nobody can see that you've got nothing from the street) and a big screen TV placed on the box it came in. No joke.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer located the car. I am going to have it on Thursday, the only thing is that the car has on the chrome rims, which we did not negoiate into the price originally, he says he is sorry and will give them to me for 500. How is that price for the rims, how do they look, any pics would be appriciated.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
There were amazing deals on '04s last December. $8K off of sticker plus GMAC money.

Right now, only two dealers are advertising them at all. A San Jose dealer has a GTO on special for $8K under sticker -- but they don't say whether it's an '04 or '05. They do have a bunch of them, though.

Another in Menlo Park has a Pulse Red '04 for under $24K with discounts factored in.

The problem in California is everybody out here would rather lease a $33K 186hp BMW 6 banger than a 400 hp GTO. Then again, everybody out here does insane things like buy huge houses with zero down, interest only, variable percentage rate mortgages -- stuff the garages with leased BMWs and Mercedes funded with home equity loans -- and have nothing in the house expect drapes (so nobody can see that you've got nothing from the street) and a big screen TV placed on the box it came in. No joke.
I moved from San Luis Obispo to Fl. this year, needed the sunshine but not the exact atmosphere that you describe. Median home price was 625,000 for a 1400 sq ft 3 bdr. I went to a Chevy/ Mercedes dealer out there and was walking the lot. Noticed he had 4 Cavaliers and 30 C-Class, 6 Impalas and 25-30 E-Class. I asked a salesman about that and he said you can lease a C-Class for less than the payment on a decently equiped Cavalier. They had to take 4 Cavaliers a month to keep the Chevrolet dealership and they did sell a bunch of Tahoes and trucks. Interestingly enough, I lived there for a year and the dealer never had a Corvette while I was there.

I would need to pay 5k under the 32k I paid for my 05' to consider it a break even. 3k-4k to bring the power up to 05 level and an extra grand or so to make it a good deal.

I heard of a couple of people getting theirs for 23-24 though. I sure GM has a large factory to dealer incentive on those to move them. They really don't like having dealers with 04's on the lot this late in the year.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Picking up my Red on Red A4 tomorrow in the early afternoon! :party: :party: :party:

I sat in it for a half hour.....then i had to leave LOL. But yea, tomorrow! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.