Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I've really enjoyed browsing the forum, it helped me in many ways in approaching the purchase. The decision to buy one took me over like a sickness - I'm sure everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about!
Picking up my new Blue/Blue stick tomorrow - will try desperately not to leave two black stripes on the dealer's lot :D
Anyhow - let the fun begin! :cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats!
Check your tire pressures, seal and wax her real good.....then have fun!!
:party:

Oh, and make sure you clean all of the cosmoline coating off of the wheels if the dealer didn't. Check the inner part of the wheels too, it will turn brown if you don't clean that stuff outta there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PHOTOGOAT said:
make sure you clean all of the cosmoline coating off of the wheels if the dealer didn't. Check the inner part of the wheels too, it will turn brown if you don't clean that stuff outta there.
Thanks all - got gto today. Babying it per the manual so no flaming rubber just yet. What is cosmoline?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Cosmoline is a preservative coating. If you look close you'll be able to see it. Dirt tends to stick to it. Congrats!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
malum in se said:
Thanks, I'll check it out in the morning. How do you remove it? Is a solvent needed?
Windex window cleaner and a cotton wash cloth. Windex is ammonia based and is safe to use on the wheels. :cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.