Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. I've been hanging aroung this site gathering info on the GTO for a couple of months now and im loving everything. Im in the process of buying a 06 Cyclone Grey GTO with black interior, 17" wheels and 6M. A dealer has offered me one for $28,874 plus taxes and fees. Price includes 1k rebate and 1k non GM vehicle owner rebate. What do you guys think of the price? Is it high/Low/ Average. All comments welcomed.

Paul:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Beats the price I paid! Got mine 6 weeks ago, with supplier discounts, still came to $31180. You're doing great at $28k....
:party:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought mine TODAY. Drove it home 3 hours ago. '04 Torrid/red Auto 17"

I spent SIX hours at the dealership and walked away with the car for $30600.

So your price is killer.

I love this friggin car. Sucks that its raining here in RI.

·
Registered
25 Posts
GLaz38 said:

So your price is killer.

Wait... you bought an 04 Auto... NEW? or USED?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yep! Good Price. I too am in at $31k (+/-).

But do check the mileage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much is to much

SANDU002 said:
I have had mine for 10 days and paid over 29900. Check the mileage. Some of these cars have been used as demos and that could a reason for the low price.

I asked the salesguy about the mileage and he said he didnt know the exact miles but said i would be less that 50. I'm going to test drive it on tuesday, And i will definitely check the mileage.
How many miles is too many for a new car? With how much miles did you guys buy your cars with ?

Thanks again for your input

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine had 72 miles on it. The car has been on the lot for a long time and 72 miles for 4 months of sitting with the occasional test drive doesnt bother me at all.

I was the one who put the last 15 miles on it during my test drive 3 weeks ago and when I went there yesterday it hadnt been used since.

The dealership is on the highway so highway test drives are the norm.

This car is pure power. Imagine going from a 2003 Vibe GT to this. Well thats what I did and it will take me some time to get used to the power but man what a fun time I will have adjusting!

·
Registered
455 Posts
GLaz38 said:
This car is pure power. Imagine going from a 2003 Vibe GT to this. Well thats what I did and it will take me some time to get used to the power but man what a fun time I will have adjusting!
That is one heck of a difference! Had you ever owned a muscle car in the past?

·
Registered
25 Posts
GLaz38 said:

So your price is killer.

GLaz38, I'm still wondering if you are looking at a 2004 for 30k... today.. or if that is a misprint.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i bought an absolutely PERFECT 05' with 17's with 4,000 miles for $25,500 plus tax and fees. the tax was about $800 and the fees were $300. not bad. i could have lost another $500 but i hate haggling and just wanted to drive my beast home!!!! i still knocked off $1,500 off of the already OK asking price of $26,999. i love this damn car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
GLaz38, I'm still wondering if you are looking at a 2004 for 30k... today.. or if that is a misprint.
Andrew, I replied on the first page. It was a typo and indeed I did buy a 2006 Auto Red/Red GTO.

$30,600 for an '04 would be insane.

That is one heck of a difference! Had you ever owned a muscle car in the past?
No real muscle. Had a Subaru Impreza RS back in '99 but that was also a very underpowered but nimble car (I think it had 185 hp)

90% of my previous cars were company cars. I never splurged for a dream car for myself. Well, I turned 40 and my wife agreed that getting one of my dream cars vs getting a girlfriend was a fair deal thus I now have a GTO :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't forget to take your time inspecting the car. Some get scratches and blemishes from the long trip. Mine had 100 miles on it because it was a dealer trade, 65 mile trip. If the dealer says that is the reason for the miles look at the window sticker, they have the address of where the car was sent to.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.