Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of pics of the new wheels for my wifes car. They are ASA ST4's that I purchased from the Tire Rack. You guy's that helped me find the right wheels, I thank you. Now if someone knows a good chromer for the old wheels I would appreciate you letting me know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PWR_SHIFT said:
The wheels look good. I see you chose the 17s over the 18s; Just didn't want to reduce the tire profile? What kind of tire did you wind up using with the new rims?
The car has the oem tires still on it. It's my wifes car and she will probably keep everything else on the car stock. Me, I'll make all kinds of mods to mine. I may stay with 17's though as I'm installing a set of 1 inch lowering springs for some better handeling. I was impressed with the wheels for her car when they arrived and everyone around here seems to like them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Roadracer,
I suggest you pick up a spare rim. Tire Rack is notorious for not keeping stock long. My buddy had to dump three six month old rims he bought from Tire Rack when one on his XR3 cracked. Same thing, licensed by BBS.

They sell replica Porsche and BMW wheels too. I have blizzaks on replica M3 rims tire rack sells. The Porsche rims are mile miglia, and weigh about 30% more than a stock rim and are not as durable as stock porsche rims. with 350hp vs 208 on my Porsche I wasnt as concerned with a few extra pounds of unsprung weight.

Also, If you lower the car, the shocks will have more of an effect on ride than the springs. My Z28 had SLP SS Stage II springs and revalved Konis. with 17s it was too stiff. with 16s it was stiff, but bearable. I almost sent the shocks back to Koni in CA to have them revalved.

Edit: i mean bilsteins. the konis were on the porsche. whoops.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice Tom. Already picked up a spare wheel for the wifes car. I'm looking at a total package (shocks, springs, sway bar) for my M6. I'll probably keep my car forever as something to work on and play with. After working on handling and brakes, I want a little more HP. No turbo or supercharging for me though. Maybe LS6 heads and cam along with headers and exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.