Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a dealer here near Dallas, they have a black 6 speed that I can get with $3500 off invoice and 0% 72 month financing. He has my payments at $420 with nothing down. Should I jump on it? Or wait for a 2005?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Having The Same Dilemna

I posted a good link to some 05 info, but I feel the same way. The price for the 04 is awesome, but the extra hp and some other features are making me wait. The popularity is going to increase which will make the price less flexible. Tough decision. If you look at my post from yesterday, it looks like the 18" wheels will not be an option, all subject to change, of course. But, as of 9/13/04, they got deleted as an option altogether. Also, the RPAs are only being offered on the red, black and quicksilver, which is a bummer. I wanted to get those RPAs on the midnight blue. Decisions, decisions. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm in the same delima...While the prospect of having a 2004 GTO sitting in my driveway now is awfully tempting, so is 50 more horses. But, I'm not one to just rest on my laurels, as if I were to get an '04 Goat, it'd be supercharged as soon as I could make it happen....giving me more then the 50 horses I would be short. And I could be enjoying the car now, not a year from now. And so far, other then the increase in HP and new, larger engine, I'm not sold on the '05s. The exhuast is nice, but I don't like the black portion on teh rear fasica (although easily painted), and the hood...well, I dunno...doesn't scream 'buy me' to me yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
With the deals out there now on the 04's the 50 hp is easily overcome for less than the difference between the 04 and the 05. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am waiting on the 05 model also.I am going to wait and drive an 05,
and then make a decision.400hp cures ALOT of styling mistakes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally, I like the '05. Much cleaner look. The LS2 also gets better gas mileage right? I read from the C6 press release that combined MPG is around 22.6. Wonder if that'll translate to better mileage for the GTO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No flames intended, but why would you buy a performance car and worry
about gas mileage? That really makes no sense. That equates to super-sizing
at McDonalds and worrying about your cholestoral.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yortsiyag said:
No flames intended, but why would you buy a performance car and worry
about gas mileage? That really makes no sense. That equates to super-sizing
at McDonalds and worrying about your cholestoral.
Did I say that I was worried about gas mileage? I was just wondering if the new GTO would have about the same mileage as the C6. I find it awesome that the Corvette has the highest combined MPG than all of the other performance cars in the 400+ hp category. Let me guess... you're not impressed. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts