Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I will not argue that at all. Dealers do some seriously shady stuff to genuinely good customers. I am glad that I have found a home where I have the control of my business to day I don't care about making thousands on someone. I just want to sell 20 cars this month. I would rather sell you a car today and make $100 bucks, then you buy another car from me or tell someone you know and they buy and I end up selling you 10 cars in my career, compared to selling you one car and making $250 and I never see you again.

But I'm in management now so I have even more influence in doing business the way I think is RIGHT!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
dealernut said:
Excellent. Seriously I am here to help when it comes to dealer BS. I have been in the industry for a long time and this is a career for me, not a 6 month job.

......And by the way. Great color choice.
I have a question about dealer BS.....DEALER FEES!!!!
I had a dealer tell me that he couldn't drop the dealer fees(399) on a car because GM audits the dealerships and if they saw them charging one customer the fee and not charging another they would get in big trouble
please tell me this is total BS.......I know GM doesn't give a crap about what a dealer charges as far a fees because some places have zero dealer fees

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Jeffs386 said:
I have a question about dealer BS.....DEALER FEES!!!!
I had a dealer tell me that he couldn't drop the dealer fees(399) on a car because GM audits the dealerships and if they saw them charging one customer the fee and not charging another they would get in big trouble
please tell me this is total BS.......I know GM doesn't give a crap about what a dealer charges as far a fees because some places have zero dealer fees
Quick answer - Yes they are all BS.

Long answer - Every dealer charges it and generally you do get something out of the dealer fee. Meaning a free oil change, alignmennt, etc. Personally our dealer fee is $499.00 for the general public and $75 for an employee or supplier.

That being said there is no real justification for it other than to say everyone has to pay it. I sold a car to my father and he had to pay one. Now keep in mind a dealer can waive it, but that generally means a discount somewhere else. I literally pull out my own buyers order and show the customer I pay the fee as well.

also I have noticed that the fees vary based on the model. I bought a car for my grand mother once and the fee was $1500.00. It was a Jaguar.

The BS answer they gave you is just that BS. GM couldn't give two trips to the toilet about what the dealerships do. Which in my opinion is GM's biggest problem right now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
a friend of mine works at a chevy dealership and got me the supplier discount. it's no more than $100.00 cheaper than red tag then i had $846.00 in gm card earnings + a extra $500.00 off in gm card money that the gm card sent me + tax,title,tags and a $399 dealer fee :confused but all in all i'm happy with the outcome i'll post lots of pics later today :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
GNX231 said:
a friend of mine works at a chevy dealership and got me the supplier discount. it's no more than $100.00 cheaper than red tag then i had $846.00 in gm card earnings + a extra $500.00 off in gm card money that the gm card sent me + tax,title,tags and a $399 dealer fee :confused but all in all i'm happy with the outcome i'll post lots of pics later today :D
that was a good buy man. GM card money rocks. I use it for everything. Nothing like having an extra grand of rebate on the car your are buying.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.