Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I just purchased a 66 lemans and am excited to learn how to restore a classic car. I do not have any experience with cars however part of the reason I got it was to learn. I apologize if my questions seam obvious or beginner, I am just that a beginner. I have a friend helping me and he is a mechanic however I would like to learn and do as much of the work as possible. So I am hoping you the experts can point me in the correct direction.

1. what site would you good people recommend for purchasing parts I am in Canada but it appears all the best sites are in the states?

2. there are some rust parts specially the pack peace behind the rear window that will need a new one and the other two spots can be patched. Where and how do I go about looking for patches and where could I find that back peace between the rear window and the trunk?

3. I will be converting it to 4 speed standard what are all the parts I need for it and where would you suggest I buy it from.

Thank you :cheers

·
Registered
574 Posts
ames.com and performance years. Both have catalouges in pdf form.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do a LOT of research, take your time. Gentleman who stated Ames was correct. As well as Chevelle Parts, El Camino Parts @ OPGI.com tag, mark and bag parts as you disassemble. Believe me, it will make loads of difference when you re-assemble. Need any advice, contact me. I'll help you as I can.
You'll learn a lot over time. And love every minute of working on it... After your done (lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts