Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1966 Pontiac GTO with numbers matching 389 and tranny dated 07/66. Frame off restoration started today. I’ll post pictures during this project.

The herd!

Love those red goats!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice '66

Congratulations on your new Goat. What is the correct color called? I like it! Keep us posted on the restoration. I just posted pic's of my new addition as well.
TB

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on your new Goat. What is the correct color called? I like it! Keep us posted on the restoration. I just posted pic's of my new addition as well.
TB
Paint Code Y2, Candlelite Cream with a black vinyl top, removed the interior and purchased a media blaster, engine stand and a rotisserie today.

·
Registered
100 Posts
SWEEEEEEET!:cheers

Wanna addopt a semi-grown up kid? Will work of GTO parts!:lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seeing as I have a Bamboo Cream and a black top, I am quite partial to yellows. So, I think it will look quite good. The only problem I've ever had is the Black and Red ones always seem to kick my ass at the popular vote shows. From the work you seem to be doing though, I don't think the popular vote shows are your route. Good job.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've decided to wait on blasting the body until I complete the frame, the frame will go to the sandblaster this week. The tranny should be ready this week and the engine may be a month.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well it's taking longer than I expected, I had to get in line for the machine shop and they completed the engine today, we plan to dyno the 389 in the morning. Hopefully I will remember my video camera.

So far, transmission rebuild complete, differential rebuild complete (seals and bearings), new bushings front and rear control arms, new bushings for the transmissin cross member and support, new drum brakes (may change to front disc), new tie rods and drag link, new springs front and rear, assembling the frame and I hope to install drive train within the next 2 weeks. The southern heat has limited my working on the car to a few hours in the mornings.

Here are some pictures, my camera does not have a flash so I apologize for the dark pics, I used my trailer as a paint booth.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Verrrry Nice indeed. I like your idea of the threaded rod holding up your frame.

How in the world did you paint in your trailer? It had to be ghastly inside there.
:willy:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts