Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Great forum.... great car!

I have been a proud owner since 2003, which was the series 2 model in Australia.

My Monaro is Purple Haze colour which was not released as a GTO colour (it is quite different to the Cosmo Purple offered on the first GTO's in the US).

I am just doing a conversion to a GTO front end at the moment and thought I would register here for a look around - and hopefully learn something too!

Please feel free to check out my website if you would like to have a look at my car.

Cheers,
Dion

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all and thanks for the replys....

It is funny to see that many of you prefer the Monaro front bar and some are doing conversions. In Australia we have always put Chevy or Pontiac badges etc on our cars as a point of difference. Those brands also have a strong and passionate following here because of the muscle car heritage and you just don't see many here at all.

I really am changing for two reasons - firstly because I really do like the GTO nose and second, to do something different. There will be no similar car to mine after the conversion and it is just me wanting to try something different.

I keep all my original parts anyway, as I will eventually go back to stock one day (I don't plan to ever part with this car!).

Thanks again for the intrest!
Cheers,
Dion

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thank you!!

I've only seen one purple/purple GTO. At first, I thought it had a black interior, but then the sun caught the seats and it was just too nice and very unusual looking.

Would love those cup holders and the climate controls in our GTOs. The GTO has cup holders where you have a little door. Is that just for storage or what? Also, where did you get that pod?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike_V said:
Thank you!!

I've only seen one purple/purple GTO. At first, I thought it had a black interior, but then the sun caught the seats and it was just too nice and very unusual looking.

Would love those cup holders and the climate controls in our GTOs. The GTO has cup holders where you have a little door. Is that just for storage or what? Also, where did you get that pod?
No problems, always happy to show off my baby!

Here is the link for JHP in Australia who sell the pod and they do supply to US:
http://www.jhp.com.au/

Cheers,
Dion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.