Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past year I've had to endure the sight of my next door neighbor's red 2005 Mustang GT (not to mention his '96 GT convertible and a few crappy British cars in various states of disrepair) while waiting for the right time to get my GTO.

The "right time" finally came last weekend when I picked up my 2006 Black/Black with 17's and 6-speed. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees (and hears! :cool ) my black beauty emerge from the garage!

My subdivision will never be the same!

House with 2 car garage - $136K
2006 Pontiac GTO - $31K
Seeing your Ford loving neighbor's jaw hit the ground - Priceless!

·
Registered
240 Posts
For the past year I've had to endure the sight of my next door neighbor's red 2005 Mustang GT (not to mention his '96 GT convertible and a few crappy British cars in various states of disrepair) while waiting for the right time to get my GTO.

The "right time" finally came last weekend when I picked up my 2006 Black/Black with 17's and 6-speed. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees (and hears! :cool ) my black beauty emerge from the garage!

2006 Pontiac GTO - $31K
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I'm thinking a couple of black signature lines in front of his house would be a great way to show him who the big dog is in the neighborhood.

Nice car and congrats.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sweet.... one question, I would love to know where you live to own a house with a 2 car garage for 136k you could not own a one bedroom condo in the ghetto facing a wall across the tracks down here for that kind of money gosh its ridiculous down here :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sweet.... one question, I would love to know where you live to own a house with a 2 car garage for 136k you could not own a one bedroom condo in the ghetto facing a wall across the tracks down here for that kind of money gosh its ridiculous down here :lol:
Yeah no kidding. Our 2nd home in the florida keys is a two bedroom house for $500,000. Its crazy expensive, and it just keeps climbing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live around Dayton, Ohio. House was purchased in March of 2000 for $136K. The previous owner had already moved to to Florida when we looked at it. If it makes you feel better I replaced all the windows and outside doors, had parts of the roof replaced and all new shingles, vinyl siding around the entire second floor (first floor is brick), various plumbing improvements and a lot of new landscaping. Interior is a whole `nother story!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My brother lives in Pittsburgh. He has a 4bdr 3-1/2 bath semi custom house with a large 2 car garage on a 3/4 acre flat lot. The house is about 15 years old has a fireplace, a large 2 story deck, skylights, lots of ceramic tile, and is 2800 sf. It's worth about 185-190. It's appreciated from 155 in 1995. Some of the areas of the northeast are pathetic. A cousin of mine just bought a nice 3 bdr house in Johnstown Pa. for $75,000. You can still buy a house, not a trailer, but a house for 25-30 in Johnstown.

·
Registered
143 Posts
not to brag but I live in East Texas and My house 2 years ago was $104K wit a two car garage 3 bed 2bath fireplace work shop out back and 1500 square feet siting on 3/4 acre lot in a pretty nice new subdivision. (brick house) I didn't have to do anything but hang a new kitchen light and some small garage mods.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting twist on things!

I finally caught up with my Ford/crappy British car loving neighbor last weekend and showed him the GTO. He was surprised but happy for me. He and I talked about the color and some interior appointments. My wife cut right to the chase and asked him if his Mustang to take the GTO! He grudgingly admitted he couldn't keep up the new boss on the block. :rofl:

Here's the twist. . . HE traded in his '05 GT on a new '07 GT. He just returned from the Ford dealer when he saw my car in my driveway. To make a long story short; an old man yappin' on his cell phone rear ended my neighbor's '05 GT and he wasn't happy with the quality of the repairs so he traded it for a new one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You Calif, Florida guys do pay WAYYYY to much for homes! Watch some of the programs on cable and OMG $500 a sq ft!!!!! Here in Midwest $100/sq ft is about norm.... How do you guys do it?

·
Registered
456 Posts

2006 Pontiac GTO - $31K

Yes! Life is good :cheers

But I'll tell you what's priceless: A new 2 bedroom condo in the East Bay SF ~ $565,000 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go get'em... I hear Mustangs taste just like chicken. Yank the pony meat plum from the bone! :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Y'all need to move to the country! $135k would buy you a LOT more out here...hell, you'd have enough land to have COWS and HORSES in addition to your massive house and multi-car garage, barn, workshop and even a huge treehouse if you have children!
On a side note, GTOs still cost the same. Gas is cheaper though! :lol:
I really don't see how you city folks do it to be honest...traffic, pollution, annoying neighbors with cars they think are fast, no yard, lots of cops, no wide open roads to fly down at 130+ mph...doesn't make much sense to me.
Anyway, congratulations on the new GTO, you're gonna love it, no matter where you live. :cool

1 - 20 of 20 Posts