Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
That's cool! Where did you pick it up.....and why? :bigSmile:

Looks like an LS swap candidate to me! :yesnod:

Oh, and need more pics. Seriously neat little car; looks like a little Cobra?

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It belonged to a late friend of mine and his girl friend called me out of the blue yesterday and offered to sell it to me. She was like I know Dave liked you and I want one of his friends to have the car, and I know you'll take care of it and take it to car shows. The windshield is about hip high. :D
More pictures once I get it home. :cheers

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
looks great...nice story thanks for sharing and I'll be looking forward to more pix...

Bill

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I was thinking S&S stroker V-twin but yeah, that would work too. I've seen Hayabusa powered go karts, powering it like this would be "entertaining" to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1io_L4ByqRM

That said Rookie, micro cars are skyrocketing in value, are cool, and it doesn't take too much room to store/collect them. I used to have a 60 Nash Metropolitan and that car makes it look like a Nash Statesman!

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it was missing the drive train I would be up for replacing/up grading, but it's all stock and in good shape so it's staying stock, for now anyway. They claim it does 60mph, but not with me in it!! It feels pretty sketchy at 35! :p

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I've always wanted one of these Messerschmitt cars 1961 Messerschmitt Service Car

The Nash Metropolitan is high on my list, but with a small block install. Saw a really neat one with a Chevy V6/auto at a recent car show that would have made a great daily driver. My buddy had one with a big block which he picked up for an investment and resold. Said it went like a bat out of hell and didn't have a lot of leg room.:thumbsup:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Rukee, that is a super neat and super rare find. And not a cheapie little car, either. Quite the rare collectible.....and easy to store, too! Congrats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts