Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
you do the math and decide if it is worth it.

the card costs nothing. everything you buy earns 5% towards a GM car. you can redeem 1000 worth of earnings towards a GTO. spend 20k on a credit card, pay it off in time and it costs you nothing, and you have 1000 towards a car.

i buy gas, lunch, day care, rail pass, phone etc. with a credit card and pay it off when due. the sheeit adds up.
www.gmcard.com

·
Registered
364 Posts
Old Card Has Even Better Rewards

I Had My Gm Card For About 10 Years, Bought 2 New Gm Cars. 1900 Redeemed For First One And 2600 Redeemed For My Gto. Even Put My Down Payment On My Card Getting Me Started Towards My Next Car. My Card Lets Me Put Up To 500 Points A Year For Up To 7 Years, For A Total Of 3500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's what I paid 1 month ago - GM card $1K limit

I paid $31,500 for a 2005 6 speed just before the 0% for 36 months ended (3/31/05). The GM card redemption was limited to $1,000. Another dealer had quoted $500 over invoice (slightly more than my deal) but the dealers will quibble about what's included in the invoice better to negotiate an amount of MSRP. No arguing about what that price is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That $1000 limit doesn't seem to be inforced. I just bought a Blue/Blue 6spd for $500 over invoice in FL. Then subtract the $1000 hotbutton and $1800 on GM card. I stopped using the GM card when they limited the Vette and GTO, the only GM card I was considering. Shame on me! Just over $32K tax, tag and title. Most of the dealers around here wanted sticker. Keep shopping. I bought my right off the truck, 6 miles on the OD when titled. The dealer hadn't had a GTO in weeks and still was willing to deal.

Faster than my WS6? Not sure yet. But wow, what a comfortable cabin. The TA is rattle trap compared to the this car!

Pat
05 GTO, 99 TA 30th Pacecar, 69 Impala Conv, 97 GTP

·
Registered
195 Posts
No limit here either. Just bought a 2004 and deducted $3200 after using the card for about eight years. Carry no balance so this is free money. Only potential downside is that it's hard to justify another brand when you have this kind of discount for a GM.

However, after my second consecutive bad experience with a GM dealer I'm planning on destroying this card and buy used in the future.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Guys there are two GM cards.

the old card limited you to earning $500 a year, but no limit on the amount allowed to redeem on a car.

the new card doesnt limit the amount you can earn a year but limits the amount you can redeem on a car.

I was one of the first people to get a GM card and have the old one while my wife has the new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.