Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was worried about this car being too heavy, but after watching this clip closely,
I hear him say the car is fabricated from Carbon Fiber! Love the functional hood
scoops and air intake! I love the car in general. Hope they stay true to concept
when it comes to production. I want one!

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=50d03e75-b36e-450d-8a95-8fc7d24b0410&t=c520

The link takes you to the right page but you will have to scroll down and "view all" thumbnails.
At which time you can see the challenger thumbnail is the last one #55.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was worried about this car being too heavy, but after watching this clip closely,
I hear him say the car is fabricated from Carbon Fiber! Love the functional hood
scoops and air intake! I love the car in general. Hope they stay true to concept
when it comes to production. I want one!

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=50d03e75-b36e-450d-8a95-8fc7d24b0410&t=c520

The link takes you to the right page but you will have to scroll down and "view all" thumbnails.
At which time you can see the challenger thumbnail is the last one #55.
I like the new Challenger. I think the carbon fiber is just for the concept vehicle. It's just too expensive to use for all the body panels, although I think I read where the hood was gong to be carbon.

Did you happen to see the video of the convertible Camaro concept on that same page? The sides and rear end look good, but I think they need to work on the front end some more, it doesn't look attractive to me. I don't like the way the grill tilts upward at the outsides, looks like a smiley face.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the new Challenger. I think the carbon fiber is just for the concept vehicle. It's just too expensive to use for all the body panels, although I think I read where the hood was gong to be carbon.

Did you happen to see the video of the convertible Camaro concept on that same page? The sides and rear end look good, but I think they need to work on the front end some more, it doesn't look attractive to me. I don't like the way the grill tilts upward at the outsides, looks like a smiley face.
:agree I was disappointed myself. Something just didn't look good about it.
I didn't take a lot of time to figure out what it was. I really liked the hardtop
concept. Just waiting to see what is going to power it :cool . Can we say SS? Or Z28? :cheers I've got confidence they will do it right. It just won't
surprise me at all if our goats are quicker than the top of the line Camaro.

·
Registered
321 Posts
:agree I was disappointed myself. Something just didn't look good about it.
I didn't take a lot of time to figure out what it was. I really liked the hardtop
concept. Just waiting to see what is going to power it :cool . Can we say SS? Or Z28? :cheers I've got confidence they will do it right. It just won't
surprise me at all if our goats are quicker than the top of the line Camaro.
I'm interested to see what the production model looks like too. Hope it has the LS6 as an option. I'm a sucker for a ragtop though, I'd really like to see someone offer a sporty convertible in my price range besides the mustang. I looked real hard at some 2006 Mustang GT convertibles before buying the goat, just couldn't pull the trigger on it. I like the looks but it felt cheap inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts