Pontiac GTO Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Pressure sounds good too, agree on not synthetic for awhile....I agree with needs some more driving....and make sure your carb is not way too rich and washing down the cylinder walls.....you need that lube in there....

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know you said that your PCV hose was dry, but pull the PCV valve out of the engine and drive it at least 30 highway miles with the PCV out (either plugged or just laying on the valley pan) and see if you still have the oil consumption problem. I've seen four out of four valves bad from the auto parts store, and at least at one point the valves marked AC Delco were some of the worse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I’ll give these a try, trans being rebuilt at the moment hope to have it back for the weekend. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the same problem with my engine when I got it back from the builder. It turns out that the extra lift of the cam knocked the umbrella seals up off the valve guides. He came to my house with shorter skirt valve guides and installed them and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I had the same problem with my engine when I got it back from the builder. It turns out that the extra lift of the cam knocked the umbrella seals up off the valve guides. He came to my house with shorter skirt valve guides and installed them and it solved the problem.
Good to know. I’ll have to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts