Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
How does this one stack up to the K&N CAI? Seems like for $40 more dollars and an estimated 26 more hp rather than 17 I would go with the K&N. Just curious.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't seen real K&N dyno figures. They say up to 25 more HP, but do not even guess at torque. I know that dyno figures really do'nt mean that much anyway, but I like the increase in torque and HP that the New Era showed over the stock goat. I'll let you know what I think when I get it. It should arrive Thursday or Friday.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just ordered mine a few days before i saw it posted here, looks like a quality piece. Ne one have ne on hand experience with it? Id like to know a little more. Im planning on having it installed by next week. Hopefully it works as well as it looks and says it will.

·
Registered
47 Posts
SasdawgGTO said:
Also just wondering if anyone can advise me what a price range for install on that is gonna cost me, I would do it myself but am very strapped for time these days. :rolleyes:
If anyone knows id love to hear it.! :cool
I got mine 2 days ago, it took 45 mins. I cant belive you cant scrape up 45 mins.Thats including throttle body bypass.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I got mine yesterday 3 days after ordering. The weather is terrible today, but I braved it and installed the CAI in 30 mins with only a screewdriver. I put the unit on my M6 to compare it with the K&N CAI. I can't tell a difference. The car has the same grunt as with the K&N. There may be a difference in torque though. I seem to be hazing the tires shifting into 2nd without trying to. There is a little more flex in the New Era CAI than I like, so I may make a bracket for some rigidity. All in all I think it is a good buy for the money and I would do it again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yea , i just realized how dumb it was to have it installed hen it arrived and decided to do it myself earlier today, took me about 45 minutes. Not too much, work, and i had the extra time on hand so i figured id save some $$$$.
SasDawgGTO

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can really feel the difference with the New Era Intake , not to mention I have never seen an intake system made with such high quality components , best $199 I ever spent !!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.