Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think some have. What I can not figure out is what type of mounting they have for the filter to secure it to the body? Anyone know?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had one and would NOT recommend it. Granted it was the first gen New Era. It doesn't mount to the body, it just sits on top of your wheel well and provides a pad to stick over the paint to protect chipping. The one I had made the car run rich and slow. If you get it tuned and headers i'm sure it would be fine, but if you want my .02 I recommend LPE. 10000 miles and going strong. (although the LPE doesn't provide quite the "WHOOSH" sound of the New Era, but who can hear that after exhaust work anyway;)

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
The New Era sucks. I had the same problem jwengel had it ran to rich and set off the service engine light. According to the dealer bank 1 and 2 were running very rich. I now have the LPE and love it. I'll sell you my New Era that I took off for $50.00. If you get a tune it probably would work fine but with no shield it sucks a lot more hot air than the LPE with a sheild. My 2 cents worth. :eek:

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
the biggest problem IMHO is that it's the hot air and not the filter that TAKES 40-50 HP from your engine. cooler is better. at least get one with some sort of shield.

·
Registered
13 Posts
05GOAT said:
The New Era sucks. I had the same problem jwengel had it ran to rich and set off the service engine light. According to the dealer bank 1 and 2 were running very rich. I now have the LPE and love it. I'll sell you my New Era that I took off for $50.00. If you get a tune it probably would work fine but with no shield it sucks a lot more hot air than the LPE with a sheild. My 2 cents worth. :eek:
I'd be willing to take this off your hands for $50.00. Just send me a PM and we'll work it out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts