Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting one of these two hi-flow induction setups but don't really know the difference between the two, can anyone help a noob out here? I see that one has a elbow that extends down a little further, one requires tuning and one doesn't. Basically I want whichever will give the greatest gains. Tuning isn't an issue either. I'm having that done next week anyway and want to dyno before and after the induction setup for everyone to see the difference.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
when you do the "dyno after" be sure to run 100 miles or so so the comp can re-adjust. back to backs without don't tell much

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the install will be done at the shop where they can use hp tuner to see what everything looks like. I hope that will work anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the V1 New Era and got rid of it because I needed a tune. But the bottom line was that the fit and finish was just off. Get the LPE. You will be much happier.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I am going to the shop tomorrow, and have already installed the cai on the car, did it sunday so I could get a few miles on it before I took it in. It took about 20 mins to get it installed, pretty nice kit so far but we'll see what happens tomorrow on the dyno.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts