Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the gauge cluster for oil pressure and voltage. On 2 week backorder. That is too bad. The 05-06 GTO is a plug and play pretty much except for cutting the dash, removing the radio and console, then removing the.... well you get the point. Great option. Too bad it wasn't included in the OEM. I know, I know, less then favorable exchange rate. Speaking of that why does crude oil go up 2.14% and gasoline go up 4.68%? Check out www.rigzone.com

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree, GM should of shipped the GTO with the oil/battery gauges. And yes JHP does rule. And they will rule even more when my Lip Spoiler comes in.:willy:

·
Registered
344 Posts
UdnUdnGTO said:
Just ordered the gauge cluster for oil pressure and voltage. On 2 week backorder. That is too bad. The 05-06 GTO is a plug and play pretty much except for cutting the dash, removing the radio and console, then removing the.... well you get the point. Great option. Too bad it wasn't included in the OEM. I know, I know, less then favorable exchange rate. Speaking of that why does crude oil go up 2.14% and gasoline go up 4.68%? Check out www.rigzone.com
You’re making to much work out of it!
No cutting and you can make a hook that will pull wire up.
Guy on EBay includes hook and instructions
Good luck I got my Guages and Shifter kit @ JHP. Good Service there and shipping is less and faster than you would think. They took good care of me.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Holden said:
You’re making to much work out of it!
No cutting and you can make a hook that will pull wire up.
Guy on EBay includes hook and instructions
Good luck I got my Guages and Shifter kit @ JHP. Good Service there and shipping is less and faster than you would think. They took good care of me.
Took me 20 mins to put it in.........

·
Registered
304 Posts
Took my son ten minutes top to pop mine on.........piece of cake. Got mine from Mutha off ebay.........he's in TX and usually has them in stock.

JET

·
Registered
454 Posts
got mine from Pod God they are genuine JHP guages with the PSI font
took about 10 mins total to install...no radio removal,no cutting,just remove the original cover, hook the plug,route the wires to the rear,plug it in,install new guage pod and your done!

I know he has these in stock because some are listed on Ebay

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:eek: You are saying you don't have to do all that???? JHP has instructions on the site, and it suggests all that I said. If there is an easier way, I am all ears!!! Let me get this straight. A hook will fish out the wire? NO cutting on the dash lip? Wow, that certainly sounds easier. I would be interested in the directions you used. Or at least a play by play.
Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
mine did come with directions that said to take the dash and part of the console apart,remove radio,and cut the area under the original cover but I didn't have to do any of that........do a search here and find some good instructions with detailed pics...thats what I did

·
Registered
746 Posts
muthabusta is his name on Ebay. He's a awesome guy to deal with.

Also he uses JHP gagues but he makes the pod(I think). Either way, it's expensive as hell but worth it IMO.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:) The cluster arrived in great shape today. I did a search and came up with some various pictures. The directions included make all kinds of idle threats regarding warranty etc, but in examining the overall process, it looks like removal of the top plate, removal of four screws, a bit of pressure out to catch a view of the plug and the hook it, could get the wire and plug. I still wonder about the cutting. I may go ahead and do that, I have the tools to accomplish that task. It is a sharp outfit, expensive though, arrived for $475, current exchange rate

1 - 20 of 38 Posts