Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not vinyl...hand made on an old cnc mill 2 axis. All billet, it took about 4 hours..the checkers are vinyl with epoxy over them to seal them in..I have to have those redone so I'm contemplating just gray & black instead of the colors...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yep do away with the colors and polish it instead of gray paint. I think the gray paint makes it look like its plastic or vinyl. Then I think it would look awesome

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Not vinyl...hand made on an old cnc mill 2 axis. All billet, it took about 4 hours..the checkers are vinyl with epoxy over them to seal them in..I have to have those redone so I'm contemplating just gray & black instead of the colors...
I think that it would look better without the multiple colors.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
There's a guy on the other goat site that makes them. Think his are plastic not billet. The quality of the fit and finish was awesome and he could have whatever you wanted written on there, "Procharged, Stroked, 402, Bottle Fed", whatever. The deal breaker for me was that the emblem was only about a third as thick as the original. Looked more like a thick sticker on the side of the car and less like an actual emblem. If yours is the same thickness, made of billet, and can put whatever you want on there (minus the different colors, which I agree with other posters looks bad), I'd be interested in buying one off you, I'd have mine say something other then GOAT though.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Yeah, I think you've got something there, just a few hiccups with color, but hey, if you make them custom, go for it!

As an aside, nobody has made classic CID badges, like the oldschool muscle cars had, like 346, 364, 383, 402/404/408, etc in that chrome block lettering. I remember seeing those 455, 428, & 400 badges off the old Pontiacs, I'd love something like that on my GTO as a "tip of the hat" to the old days.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never really thought about making then on a production basis - sounds like a great idea for someone...it took a whole Sunday afternoon for me to make these because we have an older machine....nice thing is you can do what you want with todays new machines...:seeya:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep.. the machine I made this on is actually a Supermax (cheaper Chinese version) 2 axis machine.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts