Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I am proud to say I finally joined the elite crowd today! I bought the Impulse Blue/Blue/6M today! The great part about it is the car has not been delivered yet and I got the GM employee price! So since they had the VIN they sold it to me and I just need to wait to it makes it from Cali!

Since Mom said no new car until after the new baby arrives it works perfect for me! I get the price break the exact car I want and junior will have a nice ride within a month or two of his birth!

Now I need some advice from the experts! I love the car but I am not crazy about the wheels, any suggestions of wheel styles as well as sources to find them?

Also can the front passenger air bag be turned off? No reference anywhere I have looked and I was wondering!

Thanks to all the guys of the forum for your convincing over the past 6 months, and after driving the CTS-V today, I felt the extra 20K in the pocket and the Goat in the garage was the way to go for me! Now I just need to sell some more golf clubs to pay for it!

;)

·
Registered
937 Posts
golfshaftguys said:
Well guys I am proud to say I finally joined the elite crowd today! I bought the Impulse Blue/Blue/6M today! The great part about it is the car has not been delivered yet and I got the GM employee price! So since they had the VIN they sold it to me and I just need to wait to it makes it from Cali!

Since Mom said no new car until after the new baby arrives it works perfect for me! I get the price break the exact car I want and junior will have a nice ride within a month or two of his birth!

Now I need some advice from the experts! I love the car but I am not crazy about the wheels, any suggestions of wheel styles as well as sources to find them?

Also can the front passenger air bag be turned off? No reference anywhere I have looked and I was wondering!

Thanks to all the guys of the forum for your convincing over the past 6 months, and after driving the CTS-V today, I felt the extra 20K in the pocket and the Goat in the garage was the way to go for me! Now I just need to sell some more golf clubs to pay for it!

;)
Welcome! Awesome Choice! Congrats on the baby! And........you and baby can learn to drive it together by the time it arrives. :rofl:

There is a thread here about different wheels, do a search and you should come up with it. As for the Airbag, there is no user option, maybe the dealership can disconnect it for you if you have to have jr up front. The back seats have the full LATCH system for the car seat though.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
According to the salesman that sold me my GTO. The front passanger seat is weight sensitive. There is some sort of sensor that monitors weight on the front passanger seat. I believe the airbag will not operate if there is less than 100lbs on the passanger seat at time of impact. It was reccomended to me that any toddlers in car seats be put in the BACK seat not front. The airbag cannot be turned off. I am out of the "infant-ry" so I am not concerned. Double check the info i stated just in case.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
golfshaftguys said:

;)
Well it looks like you're gonna have 2 new babies in the family. Good thing you only have to change diapers on one of them :D . CONGRATS on both :party:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
golfshaftguys said:

;)
CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE!!!!!!!!! :cheers :party:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Good luck with the car. Don't worry about the air bag, there is so much room in the back that a rear facing carseat fits easily. The only trouble is waiting for the seat to move forward enough to fit it in. My son has more room back there than in my other cars and they are supposedly large cars, OLDS Custome cruiser wagon and a Durango. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.