Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member of this forum for a while now, checking in and reading posts on the new GTO's. Well, as of last Saturday I bought a 2004 M6 Metallic Black GTO, with only 5,000 miles on the clock!

I'm 31 and have only bought MOPAR. I still own my first car and restored it, a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner 440 Six Barrel. But, I did a ton of research and I absolutely love my new car. In my opinon, it was the best bang for the buck.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I finally made it. By the way, I've got 500 bucks to spend on goodies. I'm thinking the first mods would be an intake and I was looking at the SLP MAF. Does this sound about right for the first things?

Bill

G

·
as far as intake, go with the LPE unit, most dont like the K&N setup. As for the mass air, yours is just fine right now, save the money for a programmer of sorts.

Welcome!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I've seen a programmer on ebay for 399.00 and free shipping. They claim a 10% gain in power, so with my 350 horses it's a 35 horsepower gain. There feedback looks pretty good. Has anyone seen this? Just wondering if this would be a good choice. Programmer and intake could net me about 45 more ponies I'm guessing. I dunno know, just speculating.

G

·
actually, no. Both will probably give you 25. You can't add a claim of each product together, it never works like that. The claims are based on that product being the ONLY mod on a stock vehicle. Otherwise with long tubes, catback, intake and programmer, you would have 450hp! But we all know you would end up with about 390. :)

AND, for being on Ebay, thats a HIGH price for a programmer. Hit up GTODEALER or TByrne for a price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.