Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i have been lurking around for a couple months now reading up, well any way i have been talking about wanting a goat for some time, so out of the blue my girlfriends says that she wanted to take one for a ride. so saturdy (1/14) we go over to daytona to test drive a 05 if they have one. well when we get there they have a 06 black on black with the 6 speed and 18inch tires, so i'm like holly ****,:willy: thats the exact way i want it.so the salemen takes it down off the showcase throws a plate in it and tells us he is not climing in the back and to have fun. so after i come back we talk money and stuff and they buy my truck for a trade in for 1100 more than i was expecting to get for it, and it was at the house they didn't even see it. long story short we drove it home 2 hours later, (sale manager says i bought the first 06 gto in daytona beach, but he might be just giving me the business).best car i have ever owned to date.

mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
WooHoo! :party:

Congrats on your new baby, and welcome to the forum!

Now go and get the CAGS eliminator. :willy: (Consider it your first mod!)

Gary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
stangeater said:
hi all. i have been lurking around for a couple months now reading up, well any way i have been talking about wanting a goat for some time, so out of the blue my girlfriends says that she wanted to take one for a ride. so saturdy (1/14) we go over to daytona to test drive a 05 if they have one. well when we get there they have a 06 black on black with the 6 speed and 18inch tires, so i'm like holly ****,:willy: thats the exact way i want it.so the salemen takes it down off the showcase throws a plate in it and tells us he is not climing in the back and to have fun. so after i come back we talk money and stuff and they buy my truck for a trade in for 1100 more than i was expecting to get for it, and it was at the house they didn't even see it. long story short we drove it home 2 hours later, (sale manager says i bought the first 06 gto in daytona beach, but he might be just giving me the business).best car i have ever owned to date.

mike

Did you buy from John Hall? Glen and Robert are great guys down there. They are very good guys and sell their cars for good prices. Luckily for me they are right out of my region or they would be serious competition for me. HAHA!!!!


Congratualtions on the purchase and great story. I love to hear good dealership stories like that.

Next time come and see me. I take care of the forum members.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i got the car from jon hall, my salesmen was clarence. to be honest with you if i got the same respect i got from kasier pontiac, from jon hall i was coming to see you. last week when i went to kasier one salesmen rolled his eyes at me and turn his back to me, the other guy that showed me the 05 goat wouldn't even start it up. so this afternoon i went up there and told, and showed the sales manager that i was serious, and to let him know that i wasn't a punk kid (at 25), and that he missed a sale this time and most likly forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
dealernut said:
Did you buy from John Hall? Glen and Robert are great guys down there. They are very good guys and sell their cars for good prices. Luckily for me they are right out of my region or they would be serious competition for me. HAHA!!!!


Congratualtions on the purchase and great story. I love to hear good dealership stories like that.

Next time come and see me. I take care of the forum members.
Wow.....Dealernut I have the highest respect for you but I must disagree with on this one
I have several NIGHTMARE stories about these bozos,and when I tried to purchase a GTO there in Dec the salesperson I was talking to said"we only sell GTO's for MSRP" so I walked away and bought an 06 PBM 100 miles away in Brooksville for invoice.....don't even get me started on the service dept there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
stangeater said:
yea i got the car from jon hall, my salesmen was clarence. to be honest with you if i got the same respect i got from kasier pontiac, from jon hall i was coming to see you. last week when i went to kasier one salesmen rolled his eyes at me and turn his back to me, the other guy that showed me the 05 goat wouldn't even start it up. so this afternoon i went up there and told, and showed the sales manager that i was serious, and to let him know that i wasn't a punk kid (at 25), and that he missed a sale this time and most likly forever.

Speaking of Kasier...Around mid December I called the Pontiac "Fleet Manager" there and told him I wanted to buy a 2005. At the time he had a yellow A4 on the lot (still there, too). He took my number and never called me back! We didn't discuss price or anything! I've never been so unimpressed with a car dealer in my life. Especially upper management!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SWA737 said:
Speaking of Kasier...Around mid December I called the Pontiac "Fleet Manager" there and told him I wanted to buy a 2005. At the time he had a yellow A4 on the lot (still there, too). He took my number and never called me back! We didn't discuss price or anything! I've never been so unimpressed with a car dealer in my life. Especially upper management!
yea the yellow one is the one i sat in that the saleguy wouldn't start up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Yea I checked out Kaiser too and when they informed me of their "Dealer Prep fee's" I walked. The 05 Yellow one and a 05 dark blue is still there. They now have an 06 Brazen orange on the front floor.

Jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GNSS said:
Yea I checked out Kaiser too and when they informed me of their "Dealer Prep fee's" I walked. The 05 Yellow one and a 05 dark blue is still there. They now have an 06 Brazen orange on the front floor.

Jeff


yea all of them will most likly be there this time next year if they don't start treating potential customers better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Jeffs386 said:
Wow.....Dealernut I have the highest respect for you but I must disagree with on this one
I have several NIGHTMARE stories about these bozos,and when I tried to purchase a GTO there in Dec the salesperson I was talking to said"we only sell GTO's for MSRP" so I walked away and bought an 06 PBM 100 miles away in Brooksville for invoice.....don't even get me started on the service dept there

Really? That does suprise me. I have done some business with them before I was in the industry and I was impressed. now that I am in business we dealer trade vehicles all the time and they seem to be laid back as we are. That really does suprise me that you were treated badly.

I know nothing of their service department. Unfortunately service departments have a very good skill of [email protected]#$ing up good relationships with customers. I am generally back in our service department throwing temper tantrums at them about messing up something that should be simple. AND I have one of the better departments.

Win some.....lose some......I guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
stangeater said:
yea all of them will most likly be there this time next year if they don't start treating potential customers better
Yup. That is why you see the GTO's sitting on the lots. I assure you they don't stay here long. My average turn around on the GTO is 28 days. The national average right now is 62 days.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top