Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
GTO judge said:
Hey, I was just wondering how many of you 04' or 05' GTO owners ordered your goat from a dealer, and for those who have, how long did it take you to get it?
Not much point in ordering one of these cars. Choose the color and transmission, that's it.

After I decided I wanted one and closed the deal with my local Pontiac store, it took them about 5 days to find another dealer willing to trade a 2005 Cyclone Gray 6M for the 2005 Red A4 they had in stock. I'm in State College and the Lancaster (Harrisburg) area had much more inventory in mid March. I wouldn't think it would take any longer for you to get one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wing Nut, I am also in State College and I am buying an 05 sometime in June. I've been following this board for a few weeks and I decided to sign up when i saw your post. Fortunately I won't be getting cyclone grey so don't worry about seeing a duplicate around town. Anyhow, did you deal with Rider? They give you a good deal and cooperate well with you?

I am looking for an IBM M6 with blue interior, only ones I have found are in Easton (PA/NJ border), and in Frederick Md. I just wanted to know how your experience was, because unless some new orders come in closer to State College I may be making a 3 hour trip.

Thank,
Jeremy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Slow boat

I ordered an '05 on February 8. The salesman said it was built in April and left Australia almost a month ago. It has not arrived at the dealership in south Mississippi yet, though.

I agree that you can probably find any color and transmission combo in dealer stock somewhere right now. I ordered my car to get the price offered by this particular dealer and to avoid any potential problems with a dealer swap. Some of the cars in stock at dealers have been flogged pretty hard by young test pilots. I didn't want to get a car with the first 30 miles put on it the hard way (in quarter mile passes).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just check on line for who had a Yellowjacket M6 in the Chicagoland area. Had to drive to Naperville for it, but was well worth it. Village Ponitac is the nicest dealership that I have ever dealt with.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered mine the second week of January. I researched this car beginning in October 04'. I checked with my local dealer about options and what not, and at that time they didn't know pricing or even what the SAP looked like. The latter part of Dec 04' I emailed 19 different dealers and told them since the 05' GTO was still not public yet I wanted to order one to assure me of color choices etc, being dealers have no say in what color or tranny they get. (So I was told by a few different dealers.) and they were to give me their best shot at pricing cause' I wasn't gonna play the come back to me and I will match it game...... I gave them a 2 week deadline.... Many dealers couldn't take my order as of the 2nd week of Jan because pricing wasn't set, again so I was told. I got a few quotes but most didn't want to quote me until final details were set which I was told by a few would be March, when dealers would start receiving them. Brochuers weren't available here til April. Keep in mind I live in PA far away from the Aussies. I finalized a deal the 2nd week of Jan, which after final pricing came out ended up being under sticker price. When I seen the sticker pricing etc I was glad I did that. I saved a few thousand doing that. I ordered the package as well and the total I am paying is far less than advertised prices just for the stock GTO. So eventhough I been waiting almost 5 months now, I guess the extra savings is worth it. I was told delivery is generally 8 weeks after shippment from Elizabeth Australia. Well that time table is now up and still no sign of it. I do know they have to mount the rear spoiler at port because they are outlawed in Australia, and customs etc takes time, but man 5+ months wait is a long time. At any rate I was curious if anyone else had the wait I have. So I guess it does pay to order well in advance. Heck in 88' I custom ordered a Toyota 4-Runner and from Japan to my driveway only took 8 weeks. Makes ya wonder what the wait is all about. I was also told they were only making 8-9000 of them for 05'. I was also told any orders taken now don't expect it til end of the year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.