Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of switching out my tires even though they only have 4K miles on them. Hearing a lot of good things about the new F1's. Anyone running these now? I have the stock 17" tires.

JET

·
Registered
182 Posts
linux_fan said:
at the mid-ohio gto event i talked to a guy that has the f1s on his gto - he said they're good in the dry, but you can't drive in the snow with them at all.
Cool...Thx. But J.E.T. and I really dont have to worry about snow where we are..... ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2005GTOLS2 said:
Cool...Thx. But J.E.T. and I really dont have to worry about snow where we are..... ;)
Yep, just rain......... :cheers

JET

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I put them on mine. Only had them on there for about 2 weeks. They definately grip much better in the dry than the BFG's. They were a little quieter on the highway. They were at least as good as the BFG's in the rain. I got mine from the tire rack for 159 plus shipping. I went to the drag strip once with them. I found out that they gripped better than my clutch did at 14,000 miles. LOL. Make sure wherever you get the tires mounted you get them road force balanced.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fergyflyer said:
I put them on mine. Only had them on there for about 2 weeks. They definately grip much better in the dry than the BFG's. They were a little quieter on the highway. They were at least as good as the BFG's in the rain. I got mine from the tire rack for 159 plus shipping. I went to the drag strip once with them. I found out that they gripped better than my clutch did at 14,000 miles. LOL. Make sure wherever you get the tires mounted you get them road force balanced.
Wow, that's a great price. I'm seeing $223 everywhere else. Also, did you have to go with 55's instead of 45's?

JET

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
J.E.T. said:
Wow, that's a great price. I'm seeing $223 everywhere else. Also, did you have to go with 55's instead of 45's?

JET
I think we are talking about two different tires. Goodyear has a bunch of Eagle F1 GS tires. I think you were talking about F1 GS D3. I was talking about F1 GS. They also make F1 GS-A, F1 GS-C, F1 GS EMT, F1 GS Supercar. Sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep........ordered the D3's today from Tire Rack for $183 plus freight. Looking forward to these "non" snow tires. :cheers

JET

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.