Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 06 Cyclone Gray M6 w/ black interior. I am so excited about it and will surely have many questions to come. The first thing I'd like to know is what is the speed limiter set at on it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
GTOooo said:
The first thing I'd like to know is what is the speed limiter set at on it?
Congratulations on your purchase! I've had mine a year, and I remember the excitement of those first few days. I'm here to tell you that you'll never tire of all that power being just a toe-flex away.

When I saw your post I initially misinterpreted it, thinking instead that you were talking about that annoying little "overspeed" chime with which our cars are blessed. Mine was set at 70 when I picked up the car--a speed I exceeded on the drive home. When the chime went off, I thought for a second that something was horribly wrong. It was a relief to look at the dash and realize that the car was just fine.

I re-set this little nanny to 80, and later to 110.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grats on the goat, OP, you should enjoy it :)

GM Kid said:
When I saw your post I initially misinterpreted it, thinking instead that you were talking about that annoying little "overspeed" chime with which our cars are blessed. Mine was set at 70 when I picked up the car--a speed I exceeded on the drive home. When the chime went off, I thought for a second that something was horribly wrong. It was a relief to look at the dash and realize that the car was just fine.

I re-set this little nanny to 80, and later to 110.
I didn't know about this function. I'm still learning about some of the functions in the car. Mine's never chimed--I suppose it was predisabled, as they had to bring my goat over from another dealership to get mine, and they drove it on the highway to get it there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! Appreciate the welcomes...I'm extremely stoked as I did a TON of homework, test drives, and shopping around to find this one at the best price. I test drove the Mustang GT and Suburu WRX and they were both complete garbage compared to the GTO. Unbelievable difference in not only power but looks and overall complete package too.

So yes I already familiarized myself with the O/Speed function, I would like to know if anyone knows what the maximum speed limiter is on these bad boys. Is there even one since it came from Australia?

·
Registered
456 Posts
GTOooo said:
I would like to know if anyone knows what the maximum speed limiter is on these bad boys. Is there even one since it came from Australia?

It's south of 160. I don't know first hand because I only have 800 miles on mine (it comes quick let me tell you). I've only had mine up to 125 so far. First oil change is today so I plan to break the 125 mark this weekend :cool

Oh! Congrats on the GTO! It's such a rush ain't it........? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.