Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i posted early saturday that i was picking up my new 2006 blue GTO.
i drove to the dealer and there it was, right in front. it was a beatiful sunny day in ny/nj 55 degrees. i could not belive how great the car looked. as i went in to find my sales rep i asked my brother (who has eagle eyes) to look over the car and check for scratches etc.as i walk back out i see my bros face i know something is wrong. the car has that gto paint defect on the driver's door and hood. the door defect is very easily seen, sort of looks like air between the clear coat and paint in streaks. the hood had several small dime and quarter size defects. i show these to salesman and explain that there is a tsb on this defect with gtos and i tell him i read about this online in gtoforum. he says to me i can take the car and he would paint the door and hood when i drop off for first oil change, i tell him to keep the car and find me another one without the paint defect. i told him that i dont want a new car that has been repainted and that there is no way that color can be matched properly and it would bother me (especially being driver door)seeing this every time i got in my new GTO. anyway he is going to get back to me after his body guy looks at it- again i say dont bother and find me another one i am in no rush. he will get back to me on monday. boy was i p1111ssed to have to go home on such a beautiful day without my GTO. ill have to wait and see. sorry to rant, just wanted to share my experience. way to go gm!
caveat emptor :eek:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Tell them they need to take a heat bank to it to get it out of the paint. It is a common problem that they should be able to easily remedy for you.

Way to stick to your guns. My people would never allow that car to hit the showroom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.