Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancee just bought a torrid red 04 6 speed, Can't call it mine yet but it will be soon! I have a 99 torch red corvette coupe auto, I am very impressed with the GTO it is a very,very nice car! I do not understand why people seem to bash this car, for the money I cannot think of anything that can touch it its very fast, handles extremely well, comfortable and the fit and finish is superb! I like the looks too! sleek and clean not junked up! She wanted to wait for the 05 but does not like the hood scoups so she blew 50 hp! but she has a ls1 and fifty poneys can be gotten for the asking! and she saved big bucks on the 04! I have always liked the 65 and 66 GTO's why? because Pontiac started to junk them up in later years, The 04 seems IMO to be a return to clean sleek styling!

Saw a black 04 GTO this morning lowered as far as it can go,the rear tires were actually in the fender wells,blacked out rear side and back window looked great!

Robert

·
Registered
51 Posts
TORRIDONE said:
My fiancee just bought a torrid red 04 6 speed, Can't call it mine yet but it will be soon! I have a 99 torch red corvette coupe auto, I am very impressed with the GTO it is a very,very nice car! I do not understand why people seem to bash this car, for the money I cannot think of anything that can touch it its very fast, handles extremely well, comfortable and the fit and finish is superb! I like the looks too! sleek and clean not junked up! She wanted to wait for the 05 but does not like the hood scoups so she blew 50 hp! but she has a ls1 and fifty poneys can be gotten for the asking! and she saved big bucks on the 04! I have always liked the 65 and 66 GTO's why? because Pontiac started to junk them up in later years, The 04 seems IMO to be a return to clean sleek styling!

Saw a black 04 GTO this morning lowered as far as it can go,the rear tires were actually in the fender wells,blacked out rear side and back window looked great!

Robert
I know a car that can touch the GTO for less money! MINE!!! People complain that the car is too plain, and those are the haters. People don't have the common sense to figure out that the GTO was made to be a subtle monster. Looks like a big cavalier till you piss it off! Then it goes into honda eater mode! I wonder how that 04 GTO handled being that low, spring rates and launch might be effected by being that low!

·
Registered
14 Posts
50 hp is always worth having. The main thing that makes me wait for the 05 is the brake upgrade. I have owned many GM's and it suprises me everytime when the brakes just completly suck. oh yeah- the 6.0L has something to do with it also.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have one better fellas, last january I traded in a 99 grand am gt (those cars are pieces of crap if u didn't know) and bought an 03 dakota stampede with the 4.7 V8, anywho, my wife had an 02 grand am se, which wasn't as bad as the gt, but slower than frozen mud running up hill if u know what i mean. I talked her into trading it in on the barbados blue gto 6 sp. the funny part, she can't drive a stick shift, i tried to teach her, but she got mad a gave up, so now I have an 04 gto 6 sp. and she's got the dakota, which is nice, it's got the ground effects and a peppy 240 ponies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts