Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took a lot searching and number crunching but finally got into one New black 05 A4 red leather. Boy my hands were shaking when signing on the dotted line but like dealernut mentioned I use the WTF factor. My work just picked up my family health insurance so this helped in my decision.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks alot gentleman I love the vehicle so much have not had much of a chance to play but when I stomp on it wow what a rush. I have not even had a chance to have it detailed by dealer will do it this weekend. A couple of quick questions to ask of you folks.

1. Where exactly is that amp gain everyone keeps talking about in the trunk ?

2. Does shutting off DDL improve sound from stock radio ?

3. Does the vehicle have a compass or outside temp I dont think so but figured I'd ask ?

4. Was wondering if anyone got there vehicle with HOMELINK ?

Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
746 Posts
1. The amp is in the trunk on the left side under the carpet. Do a search and you'll find out more about it.

2.Maybe. Some peolple say it does while others say they couldn't tell a difference.

3.No. I put a Gentex mirror on mine a love it.

4. I have no idea what that is:confused

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"homelink" allows you to program your garage door opener and other devices usually up to three buttons. Most vehicles in our price range have this feature. I was surprised when I did not see this by the way is there cup holders for rear passengers ? I thought I saw something under the AC vents in the back ?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Homelink is not something used in Australia. Hence no home link. you can go two routes for Home link. There is a sunshade sleeve you can put on that has it. Or there is a rear view Mirror that does all of these things.

Compass, outside temp, homelink, and auto dim.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
dealernut said:
Homelink is not something used in Australia. Hence no home link. you can go two routes for Home link. There is a sunshade sleeve you can put on that has it. Or there is a rear view Mirror that does all of these things.

Compass, outside temp, homelink, and auto dim.
I would appreciate a link to that mirror if you have it- - I miss HomeLink.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
dealernut said:
Here is a bunch of options.

A guy here has the homelinf rearview. I will call him to find out the brand.

I also know another guy that did the same thing on his Solstice with the sunvisor. Looks great.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=homelink+mirror&hl=en&lr=&oe=ISO-8859-1&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler
Thans for the link- -
Wish I had a spare GTO drivers sunvisor to play around with. Doesn't look like they're making these specifically for a GTO, and given limited production qtys, they probably won't. Would like to try integrating one like I have in my Maxima sunvisor into a GTO. Power's already there for the vanity mirror- - -

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
noz34me said:
Thans for the link- -
Wish I had a spare GTO drivers sunvisor to play around with. Doesn't look like they're making these specifically for a GTO, and given limited production qtys, they probably won't. Would like to try integrating one like I have in my Maxima sunvisor into a GTO. Power's already there for the vanity mirror- - -

They do have a kit that dies not damage the visor. Its a open ended sock essentailly that just pulls over. Very neat system. When I get the info I will PM you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.