Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new. I just acquired a 1969 GTO. I've been dreaming of this my entire life.
Its not the the best shape but I like it and it'll be good to work on it and improve it over time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You've got a GTO that will look sharp when you're done with her...and more importantly, be a real drivers car- not a queen.
excellent!:party:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sweet, what's in it, or what is your plan motor wise?
It has a sweet 400 - 4 in it of course. :cool headers and duals all the way back. It sounds awesome.
it needs a timing cover because it was leaking coolant from behind. but I think that is not a big deal. The previous owner changed the water pump but it was still leaking so I got a wicked deal because of this. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
would you guys know if those are the proper rims for a 69 GTO?
if not, what is?

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
When it comes to aftermarket wheels, it boils down to personal preference. I'm not familiar with the SST's. I'm assuming they look like the ones below? I guess I don't care for them. But, it's your car. Put what YOU like, not what someone else likes. You're the one driving it.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When it comes to aftermarket wheels, it boils down to personal preference. I'm not familiar with the SST's. I'm assuming they look like the ones below? I guess I don't care for them. But, it's your car. Put what YOU like, not what someone else likes. You're the one driving it.
yep, they look very similar to those but, you're right.
I'd like to find some stock rims but thats unlikely around here.
I actually like both types so 6 of one half dozen of the other.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the herd, nice goat! As far as wheels, you could also consider some AR Torque Thrust II's :D They're my personal favorite for aftermarket wheels, but as has been said, it's what YOU want, not what someone else says you should have!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts