Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 Phantom Black M6 GTO. I have been waiting to get one for the past two years, and I finally was able to save up enough to get one! This is my first manual car, so as you can imagine, I have gone through plenty of jerks when starting from a complete stop, but I'm getting better. Once I get a better handle on shifting, i'll then see what it's like on the interstate! I still can't believe it's mine when I walk up to it to go somewhere. I'm happy to be a part of the forum now(finally!), and really happy to finally have a muscle car!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Grats on the Goat! What kind of car did you have before? Any performance cars previously?

The GTO is fairly lenient stick wise--you can do things like accidently put it into 3rd when you meant 5th at 50mph and the car isn't going to care, you are still ok on RPMs.

·
Registered
388 Posts
That's the same one I got...and I love the phantom black metallic. I just posted a few pics on a new thread.

Don't worry about the herky-jerky as you get used to the car. I've driven sticks for most of the 30 years I've had a licence, and this car is one of the easiest and most forgiving I've driven. After 1,000 miles or so, it will become more and more and extension of your body...you will be shifting up and down like you were born to drive it.

I've got 2,600+ on mine now, and still love it more each time I drive it. I felt a little froggy tonight, so with the wife and daughter in the car, I decided to break the tires loose a bit. I turned left onto a nice, slick highway surface, and punched it after almost completing the turn. I shoud have waited another second...she broke loose, and I almost ended up heading the other direction!

This car is FUN...just respect the horsepower.

Gerry

·
Registered
275 Posts
tap goat said:
Hi everyone, I'm the proud new owner of a 2006 Phantom Black M6 GTO. I have been waiting to get one for the past two years, and I finally was able to save up enough to get one!
Kudos for actually SAVING to buy this car. Debt sucks. You obviously don't have it (debt) so congrats on your reward! I have $6000 left to save and mine ('06 black on red) arrives in August.:cool

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips Gerry, I almost spun out also the other day just from making a left turn! I pulled up to a loud truck today at a red light and when the light turned green, I was in front of him before i knew it. The manual really is becoming a extension of me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.