Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've been reading posts on your site for the past few weeks while deciding on the GTO. I bought a black on black M6 last week and am really enjoying the car. Coming from a Mustang, I am very impressed with the interior quality and the ls1. I do have a problem, though, and am wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. After the first dozen miles or so I began noticing a squeak in the front of the car, either in the steering column or maybe even the front wheel wells, when turning and going over bumps. It sounds like the tires are rubbing, and although the tires were at 50 PSI when I drove off the lot, I caught it and dropped them to 33 quickly. I have a service appt for next week, but was hoping for thoughts or suggestions. Thanks for all of the advice you've all offered in the past.

:cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure where I saw this (tsb list, other posters or different forum) but I think there is an issue with slip ring or other internal part in the steering wheel area hitting the plastic outer cover of the steering column on some GTOs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did the dealer remove the shipping spacers in the front springs?????
(they obviously didn't PDI the car anyways, because adjusting the tire pressure is on the to do list) :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts