Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the GTO on labor day, now I must get one. I am mulling over the 2004 VS 2005 debate, and wanted a few of the experts to tell me a few things.

What do you think of using the GM smartbuy program to buy the 2004 and when the 48 months are up I can keep it or buy the newset model at that time?

Anybody know any reason why the smart buy is a bad idea?

Also what do you pay for insurance for your GTO's? I would list it as a pleasure vehicle and I have a relativly clean drving record, any guess on insurance rates?

Thanks
Future GTO Owner
Roger

·
Registered
116 Posts
As Far As The 04 Vs The 05 Debate In My Opinion It's Strictly A Matter Of Personal Preference. The 05 Is Going To Have 50 More Ponies, 18" Wheels, Dual Exhaust That Exits On Both Sides Of The Rear Fascia, And Hood Scoops. I've Seen Some Pictures On This Site Of The Hood Scoops And They Look Too Ram Air Trans Am Like For Me. The 18" Wheels Are Supposed To Look Like The Ones Being Offered On The Monaro. I Bought An 04 Because It Is The First Year Of The Rebirth Of The Gto And It Has The Reliable Ls1 Motor In It. If It's Power You Want Get The 05 But You Could Probably Get A Good Deal On An 04 And The Money You Would Save Could Be Used For After Market Mods To Get The 50 More Ponies. As Far As Insurance Goes Mine Dropped By Almost $300 A Year By Trading In A Mustang Gt On 1 And My Gto Is Listed As A Pleasure Car On My Insurance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just picked up my new Yellow 04 last week. Awesome car. I would check with your insurance co. Here in Michigan i had to pay a performance car surecharge. $1800 a year to insure it :eek:

Joe

·
Registered
265 Posts
Insurance rate

I'm an old fart, my insurance rate made only a slight ($20) change, something around $300/half year (State Farm).

---Larry

·
Registered
28 Posts
Man you guys a bumming me out. I am also an old fart (42) I do have a
5 mph over ticket but was told that it will only go down $200 a year after that clears. Insurance in Michigan SUCKS.

Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
What we pay

We live in Indy and we pay $60 per month as a full time driver vehicle not pleasure. It was the same price as our 2001 Grand Am GT.

Buy either...they are absolutley fabulous cars. For modding the LS1 currently has a lot of performance parts that can be adapted from the F bodies and the Vette.

·
Registered
98 Posts
GTO joe,
I don't know which company is hosing you....But I too live in Michigan. My insurance went up $200 a year over my wife's car I replaced with the GTO. The older vehicle was a small econo wagon so I expected the cost to go up based on replacement values. I checked before I purchased and they told me it was not rated any differently than either of present cars....You may wish to shop around..

·
Registered
265 Posts
chards said:
I Live in Florida and when I replaced my '00 Dakota 4x4 with the GTO my rates dropped by over $200/yr.
No doubt the insurance company is trying to make you feel good BEFORE you get your house insurance bill. Ouch.

---Larry

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's the cool part about these condo associations...they cover the home owners. We'll see how bad the hoa goes up in Jan. Hopefully won't be too bad. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts