Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Can't wait to brag to someone, so excuse me for a minute while I do so...

I've had a lot of muscle cars growing up (too stupid to hang onto any of them). Now I'm retired from the Navy, 3 kids in college and in no way afford a muscle car, or so I thought! My dream car has always been a 70 Goat. I've been drooling over one for the last 3 years and somehow it never got sold. I have tried to come up with the money but just never was able to. In fact had finally given up a few months ago.

Last week was my 48th birthday, and in the bottom of the gift bag was a die cast model of a 70 GTO and a card that said, "Here's you're GTO". I thought Ha Ha, not funny. But at the bottom, a note said to turn the card over and there it was...."You got your real GTO, you can pick it up tomorrow." My wife has been working for the last couple of months at coming up with the money and now I have a 1970 455 Goat sitting in my driveway!

Its completely original except for the color was changed to GM Torch Red a few years ago, extremely clean black interior, numbers matching 455 auto. It needs a little work here and there, but not much. I live in SOCAL and will be ready to take it to "Cruising Grand" next summer.

I've been looking around the GTO Forum and am glad to join you guys...and gals.

Dale

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I wish I got gifts like that! Congrats and welcome to the forums!!:cool :cheers

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi All,

I've had a lot of muscle cars growing up (too stupid to hang onto any of them). Now I'm retired from the Navy, 3 kids in college and in no way afford a muscle car, or so I thought! My dream car has always been a 70 Goat. I've been drooling over one for the last 3 years and somehow it never got sold. I have tried to come up with the money but just never was able to. In fact had finally given up a few months ago.

Last week was my 48th birthday, and in the bottom of the gift bag was a die cast model of a 70 GTO and a card that said, "Here's you're GTO". I thought Ha Ha, not funny. But at the bottom, a note said to turn the card over and there it was...."You got your real GTO, you can pick it up tomorrow." My wife has been working for the last couple of months at coming up with the money and now I have a 1970 455 Goat sitting in my driveway!

Its completely original except for the color was changed to GM Torch Red a few years ago, extremely clean black interior, numbers matching 455 auto. It needs a little work here and there, but not much. I live in SOCAL and will be ready to take it to "Cruising Grand" next summer.

Dale
FAWKING Sweet Dale! French kiss that wife of yours for me. That is to f-ing awesome!
And she got you the right year too!

PICs! PICs! PICs!!!!

Welcome to the herd!

Russ

·
Registered
114 Posts
congrats we need some pics lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi All,

Dale
I attached a picture of the goat by putting it in "Manage Attachments".

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looks schweeeeet! Dale!
Congrats.
Personally, I am not a big fan of red, but in this case, I will make an exception!

Well done and kudos to the misses!

Again, welcome! :party:

Russ

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dale.

Questions and comments:

1. Your wife is a sweetheart ... can I borrow her? (J/K, my wife instrumental in my goat acquisition)
2. your goat is SWEEEEEEETTTT!, but where are the decals?
3. When did you retire from the navy? and were you in the correct branch? (answer=subs=yes)
4. if yes to #3, what were your boats?

again, welcome, and congrats :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum Dale.

Questions and comments:

1. Your wife is a sweetheart ... can I borrow her? (J/K, my wife instrumental in my goat acquisition)
2. your goat is SWEEEEEEETTTT!, but where are the decals?
3. When did you retire from the navy? and were you in the correct branch? (answer=subs=yes)
4. if yes to #3, what were your boats?

again, welcome, and congrats :D
1. Thanks, I will pass the kudos along to my wife.
2. It has GTO 455 CU decals on both sides and GTO decal on rear. Thery're black and didn't show up very well in the pics.
3. YES - correct branch - SURFACE! I retired from the Navy in 02 after 22 years and live just north of San Diego. I was a FC in the Navy, and now teach the Tomahawk Weapons System.
4. Nice Goat. 455 or 400? I can't tell, is it black or green? Mine was originally Bermuda Blue. The previous owner painted it GM Torch Red. I think I will stay with the red. I like the Judge spoiler. I will definitely be adding one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts